Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Made me giggle hehe.

He did a lot better than the fist bloke!

ReputationRep:
    Everything about Boris Johnson makes me lol. I still refuse to believe that he's London mayor.

ReputationRep:
    OMFG they got the red bus out

ReputationRep:
    Well done, BoJo. You might have buttoned your suit up though, eh?

This bus ****e isn't doing anything for me, although I quite liked the inclusion of some traditional UK music etc.

ReputationRep:
    Greensleeves ftw! But leona lewis? Surely there are better (Paul McCartney or someone for example)

ReputationRep:
    That's quite an impressive bus; the ones up here can barely get up a hill, never mind open up to produce a stage.

I'm probably showing my detachment from pop culture here, but I have no idea who that woman is. Some "British superstar"...

ReputationRep:
    I bloody hate Leona!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWZC)
    Greensleeves ftw! But leona lewis? Surely there are better (Paul McCartney or someone for example)
    The theme of the games is the whole "down with the kids" theme, hence the logo; so I guess Leona fit that better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWZC)
    I think the beetles need a rest after livepool culture thingy, thats all they had
    I thought it was pretty sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWZC)
    Yeah, a bit more of a global appeal I suppose.

Plus, I don't think she's got turned her microphone on - the sound quality is awful.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, heres Beckham...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWZC)
    Oh, heres Beckham...
    Is it me or is the entire olympics when it comes going to be really embaressing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWZC)
    Oh, heres Beckham...
    Great, eh?

"Fun" and "a quirky take on things".

Oh dear Lord no.

ReputationRep:
    It certainly won't be as 'spectacular' but thats because of our budget...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSophist)
    Is it me or is the entire olympics when it comes going to be really embaressing
    I hope it will be reasonably grand, but ultimately everything we do through the government seems to be tinged with an incredibly self-conscious desire to be seen as 'progressive' - then ending up with crap like the 2012 logo, or the Scottish Parliament building... we should keep to what we're good at.

Someone should do something about that. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that 2012 logo makes me die a little inside each time I see it

ReputationRep:
    The Beijing Mayor looked like a real nerd.....especailly with those glasses :O

and he looks almost identical to Hu Jintao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AWZC)
    Yeah that 2012 logo makes me die a little inside each time I see it
    The designers and consultants the government contract must really hate us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~|Shock|~)
    The Beijing Mayor looked like a real nerd.....especailly with those glasses :O

and he looks almost identical to Hu Jintao.
    Clones, innit?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.