Depressing birthday ideas

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm approaching my mid twenties next week, have been unemployed for a year, my degree getting me nowhere and I suck at everything. No friends, *****y family situation, most of them don't talk to me. I'm extremely depressed, lonely and hopeless. I worked so hard so far thinking I would start adult life on the right foot.

How can I spend my birthday (with my mum who is also depressed)? every birthday i remember the clock is ticking and how much i want to d i s a p p e a r.

Will have nobody to wish me happy birthday maybe only a text from my father but I don't want to hear from him for significant reasons.
Please some suggestions or your experiences of your lockdown birthday would be welcome. X
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Im sorry to hear. Lockdown is proving to be extremely hard on a lot of people :console:
All I did on my birthday was get Chick-fil-a to 'celebrate'. Most of my friends forgot, and then 3 days later I had to put my cat down. It was like life was giving me a slap in the face for living another year :/

And early happy birthday. I hope it turns out better than your expecting it
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Im sorry to hear. Lockdown is proving to be extremely hard on a lot of people :console:
All I did on my birthday was get Chick-fil-a to 'celebrate'. Most of my friends forgot, and then 3 days later I had to put my cat down. It was like life was giving me a slap in the face for living another year :/

And early happy birthday. I hope it turns out better than your expecting it
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your cat..

IK what you mean about people forgetting (disappointing). It seems like life is always trying to slap us in the face. I tell myself that it must not be the case because it doesn't need to.. we do it enough to ourselves.

Everything has its time :/
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
What would you like to do if there were no obstacles? Have you thought about volunteering or even doing something abroad? A lot of people grab the first available job and end up being miserable. Your aim in life should be happiness and not survival. Don’t worry about what other people are doing because you don’t know what they’re going through behind closed doors.

I know what it’s like to have a family that makes you feel even more depressed. Birthdays aren’t really that significant because you can enjoy and celebrate every day in a sense. You deserve to be happy and you definitely can be happy.
Personinsertname
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Do nothing!
sometimes nothing is better than something.

What is the significance of birth if your depressed? The start of it all?

For me personally, birthday's have always been a sad affair.
Zahraalani
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi, I’m so sorry that this is your current situation
Happy birthday 🥳
Maybe do a movie night inside your house, turn on a comedy film and get some snacks and drinks to celebrate with your mother. As of your job situation, maybe try to discover aspects of your self which you have never even knew of! Maybe a new hobby, skill. Since it’s your birthday you might wanna decide that you wanna learn a new language or read books about a certain topic you are interested in, or anything that will add on to your knowledge. Small things like these make you feel better about yourself and give you confidence. Just try to do things each day that will improve you, whether it’s cooking, reading or drawing. Little of everything each day will really make you gain that happiness and confidence in yourself back. Main thing is not to sit by watching your life pass you by.
Enjoy your bday.
twinklelittlstar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I’m very sorry about ur situation

as for ideas, most of my friends have spent their bdays having movie nights, picking their fav tv series/movies and going on a marathon along w lots of snacks. also, playing games, cooking etc, that type of thing. if u have something u really like to do, say, baking, yoga, writing, u can dedicate the day to that activity, and try to integrate ur mum in it, perhaps, making a cake together. it sounds stupid, but whatever makes u happy, do it. also, a suggestion would be to try and make a dream board. like user above has mentioned, it’s important to set goals and objectives with regards to things u like to do, to feel accomplished and happy w urself, at least imo. a dream board is basically a piece of card where u stick pictures that represent stuff u want to do, and then try to work towards all those goals. by ur bday next year, u can grab ur card and see what you’ve done, feel good about it, and again set goals for the next year. again, sounds like rubbish, but it works for me

btw, have u sought help in relation to ur depression, or your mum’s? there are many people out there able to help u. don’t lose hope, and remember you’re never alone💛 and happy birthday in advance! have a lovely time🥳🥳
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your cat..

IK what you mean about people forgetting (disappointing). It seems like life is always trying to slap us in the face. I tell myself that it must not be the case because it doesn't need to.. we do it enough to ourselves.

Everything has its time :/
Its okay, she lived a long life
Its only what you make of it. You could think of it as your friends forgetting, or you could think of it as your friends not bothering you so you have more time to do your own thing :dontknow:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads