don't know what to do with my life

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Title basically sums it up haha, i'm going back to sixth form in september to study a levels in Maths, Physics, Eng Lit and French after taking a year out because of homelessness.

However, I don't know what i want to do in the future. I think i want to go to uni, but i have no idea as to what course i should do.

Any ideas/pointers would be amazing!
vix.xvi
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Title basically sums it up haha, i'm going back to sixth form in september to study a levels in Maths, Physics, Eng Lit and French after taking a year out because of homelessness.

However, I don't know what i want to do in the future. I think i want to go to uni, but i have no idea as to what course i should do.

same
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago

What’s your favourite subject out of those your doing? That could give you an idea! Other than that I’d suggest going to any uni open days and listening to all the talks that seem interesting until you find a subject you genuinely want to study and learn about it doesn’t have to be at the uni you want you can decide that later !
richmkay
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What interests you, like for me, I love watching paramedic shows which makes me sure that its what I want to do in the future!

The best thing to do is write down what really interests you, do some research on it and look at what uni courses they do
Tw1x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bro, I'm 29 and still don't know what I want to do with my life
Anonymous #1
What’s your favourite subject out of those your doing? That could give you an idea! Other than that I’d suggest going to any uni open days and listening to all the talks that seem interesting until you find a subject you genuinely want to study and learn about it doesn’t have to be at the uni you want you can decide that later !
i love all my subjects except maths tbh lol, i just don't know where a uni subject would lead :// would be a good idea to go to open days and atuff tho, thanks!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by richmkay)
What interests you, like for me, I love watching paramedic shows which makes me sure that its what I want to do in the future!

The best thing to do is write down what really interests you, do some research on it and look at what uni courses they do
i keep going thru phases of loving particular things, like languages, law and even medicine, but nothing sticks and i lose motivation quickly ):
richmkay
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i keep going thru phases of loving particular things, like languages, law and even medicine, but nothing sticks and i lose motivation quickly ):
This sounds super judgemental but, do you suffer from low moods/depression/anxiety?

I was exactly the same 2 years ago and it was because of my low moods that I never stuck to anything
Anonymous #1
(Original post by richmkay)
This sounds super judgemental but, do you suffer from low moods/depression/anxiety?

I was exactly the same 2 years ago and it was because of my low moods that I never stuck to anything
i have depression and ptsd, yeah. i can't see myself in any job/uni course because for so long i believed i'd be dead by now lol. you're very observant 😳
richmkay
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i have depression and ptsd, yeah. i can't see myself in any job/uni course because for so long i believed i'd be dead by now lol. you're very observant 😳
Not observant, just i was exactly the same as you described.

Get yourself some help and I promise you when your back on your feet you'll feel so much better and you'll stick at things.
in the meantime, set yourself small attainable goals like walk to the shops instead of not doing it. Then reward yourself with something enjoyable. You'll get the release of happy chemicals and it'll start a pattern of behaviour that leads in a positive direction

I joined the gym and started exercising. I'd walk 1k on the treadmill each day and after a month, I could run it *just* but that perseverance of setting a goal and working towards it really helped in my MH journey If I can do it, anyone can.

If you need a chat, just hit me up
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed