Been drunk for 5 weeks straight everyday. I’m I ok?

Watch
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So nobody is currently doing this? During lockdown?? I’m the only one

I am having a problem
Loads of people are drinking in the evening whilst watching TV or having a few beers out in the back yard in the afternoon on a sunny day and doing it more or less on a daily basis cos there’s naff all else to do. I was doing it at the start of lockdown as well.

Try and stick to low abv drinks like beers and ciders where you can have a few cans regularly and not feel too many negative effects. Save the spirits for going out drinking.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It's hardly healthy..
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have been actually drinking heavily since march 2020. I have depression and social anxiety so I had a emotional breakdown when people criticised my introvert lifestyle and accused me of being anti social at work. Now it’s worse because I’m still stuck on furlough and I had to move back to living with arrogant family again.

Drinking without stopping a day, I’m I ok? Do you think it’s ok???
Sound's like you've developed a little habit...luckily your not too far gone yet as you've realised it. Start counting the days between drinking...you should have two or three periods a year where you go being sober for at least 2 month's that's kind of my rule.........

Also i wouldn't be so sure that your ambitions from what i read from another post will go away...education will always exist...and the post covid-19 world will likely not even be that drastic once a vaccine is approved....they've already been discovered....covid-19 isn't really that bad of a virus (bad but there's been way more fatal stuff in the history of humanity), but it is incredibly bad without any of us having any sort of immunity to it. Alot of the disruption is just because we've become so complacent of not having to fear death from random undiscovered viruses that we've especially in the western world totally unlearned how to add that extra layer of awareness and sanitation to our lives to keep ourselves safe without having a vaccine in circulation. America and UK are the best examples of that, idiotic governments and rather stubborn citizens that don't seem to get it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Next week it will be 7 weeks drunk every single day. I’m feeling **** but it is helping my depression.

I think I may not live long if I continue this but my mind is telling me ‘no’ but my body is saying ‘carry on’. I don’t know what to do. **** this habit
richmkay
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Next week it will be 7 weeks drunk every single day. I’m feeling **** but it is helping my depression.

I think I may not live long if I continue this but my mind is telling me ‘no’ but my body is saying ‘carry on’. I don’t know what to do. **** this habit
If your body is saying carry on, that's alcohol addiction, my friend. Please speak to your GP as if you're using it as a coping mechanism, its dangerous.

Stay safe
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (12)
8.57%
Confident (18)
12.86%
Indifferent (25)
17.86%
Unsure (38)
27.14%
Worried (47)
33.57%

Watched Threads