Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Argh,

After an impromtu camping trip, and sleeping on nothing but the ground sheet, my back, shoulders and neck are in so much pain.

Will ibruprophen or paracetemol help, or is it just best to leave it and cope with it?

ReputationRep:
    Conisdering I have just done the same thing (yes, I also went camping last night with no air bed and just the ground sheet of the tent), I'd say leave it cos you will be fine.

If it's really that bad, then yes, a standerd pain killer will do the trick.

ReputationRep:
    I thought this thread was going to be a guy complaining about the discomfort of spontaneous erections...

ReputationRep:
    Now those are painful, unless I have extra baggy tracksuit bottoms on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Conisdering I have just done the same thing (yes, I also went camping last night with no air bed and just the ground sheet of the tent), I'd say leave it cos you will be fine.

If it's really that bad, then yes, a standerd pain killer will do the trick.
    Thanks, probably best to leave it then, than dose up on meds.

Next time, I vow to be more prepared.

(Original post by Myoclonic Jerk)
    I thought this thread was going to be a guy complaining about the discomfort of spontaneous erections...
    Oh my...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debrajane)
    Thanks, probably best to leave it then, than dose up on meds.

Next time, I vow to be more prepared.
    Yes, air beds are certainally a lot more confortable then the ground sheet of the tent

ReputationRep:
    Ibuprofen would be better in this situation if you cant stick it out

ReputationRep:
    don't worry the pain will go away after a few days

ReputationRep:
    Be more prepared next time :P: and yeh Ibuprofen should do the trick.

ReputationRep:
    A hot bath will definitely help as well!

ReputationRep:
    I went camping for BTCC at Silverstone in late October at couple of years ago and it was FREEZING! We has no heat (we walked, couldn't manage a stove!), no roll mats, a thin as hell £7 tent and a thin as hell sleeping bag... we were freezing, the ground was lumpy as and we got little sleep. Loads of shoulder and back pain, but it wears off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace_)
    A hot bath will definitely help as well!
    Thanks everyone! The combination of warm water and ibruprophen have eased it quite a lot :o:

(Original post by kaisersalsek)
    I went camping for BTCC at Silverstone in late October at couple of years ago and it was FREEZING! We has no heat (we walked, couldn't manage a stove!), no roll mats, a thin as hell £7 tent and a thin as hell sleeping bag... we were freezing, the ground was lumpy as and we got little sleep. Loads of shoulder and back pain, but it wears off!
    Oh that dosen't sound fun. I now realise why I don't go camping very often.

ReputationRep:
    i slept in a bus shelter in the pouring rain last night with nothing but my clothes.

my backs fine

but i dunno.
    aha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.