OCD and joining the police

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
It’s my dream to work in the police, Ive always wanted to be a detective however I may have a problem that prevents me from achieving this. I think I have OCD ( pure o) and I want to get help. I suffer from these reoccurring thoughts that cripple me and prevent me from doing things. I don’t suffer from visible compulsions however it seems to be just my thoughts which then give me anxiety. I do want to go to the doctors and get help however I’m scared that a formal diagnosis will hinder my job prospects. Can the police access my medical records?? Please help x
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It’s my dream to work in the police, Ive always wanted to be a detective however I may have a problem that prevents me from achieving this. I think I have OCD ( pure o) and I want to get help. I suffer from these reoccurring thoughts that cripple me and prevent me from doing things. I don’t suffer from visible compulsions however it seems to be just my thoughts which then give me anxiety. I do want to go to the doctors and get help however I’m scared that a formal diagnosis will hinder my job prospects. Can the police access my medical records?? Please help x
You need to speak to your GP. Diagnosis or not, you'll still be experiencing the same symptoms and problems which could be noticed by people and impact on your job performance. Talk to your GP, get the help you need and then you'll have access to professionals in this area who can answer your questions regarding careers. Best of luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads