The Student Room Group

A-level nea help!! :(

Hiya! I need to start my NEA coursework where I need to compare two books, as soon as possible but cannot seem to find a book to compare to 'A Dolls House' by Henrik Ibsen, the themes I was leaning towards was society differences and the restriction and belittlment of woman, but am open to suggestions.
(AQA exam board) Any suggestions please!!
Would be appreciated!! Xx
hi ! omg i need to start mine tooo i just posted a thread! :frown: what about "waiting for godot" by samuel beckett?? also do yu have any ideas about any short marxist novels i cud read for my essay? i think i am going to do a sylvia plath for my feminist one but struggling so much with marxist :frown: do yu do the literature B spec?
Original post by a.rx
hi ! omg i need to start mine tooo i just posted a thread! :frown: what about "waiting for godot" by samuel beckett?? also do yu have any ideas about any short marxist novels i cud read for my essay? i think i am going to do a sylvia plath for my feminist one but struggling so much with marxist :frown: do yu do the literature B spec?

Thank you!! How about 'the grapes of wrath' but 'alice in wonderland' seems shorter and more of a classic and interesting read lol! And I'm doing spec A. I went with A Doll's House and Wide Sargasso Sea. Let me know what one of your books you're planning to do for NEA so I can see what I can suggest to compare it with hun:smile:
Original post by tiana432
Thank you!! How about 'the grapes of wrath' but 'alice in wonderland' seems shorter and more of a classic and interesting read lol! And I'm doing spec A. I went with A Doll's House and Wide Sargasso Sea. Let me know what one of your books you're planning to do for NEA so I can see what I can suggest to compare it with hun:smile:

anytime girl!! and yess someone else just told me about alice in wonderland also and ohh ok im on spec b ! for my feminist one im doing a poem, but you could use "beloved" by tony morrison thats a good book which could be seen through a feminist lens. and my teacher also told me to read animal farm but ... im not too keen on that hahaha :smile:
Original post by a.rx
anytime girl!! and yess someone else just told me about alice in wonderland also and ohh ok im on spec b ! for my feminist one im doing a poem, but you could use "beloved" by tony morrison thats a good book which could be seen through a feminist lens. and my teacher also told me to read animal farm but ... im not too keen on that hahaha :smile:

but im so stuck and indecisive argh!!
Hi guys, I done the AQA Lit B spec and got 100% in both courseworks and an A* overall pm me for any advice :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by tiana432

Hi! I am currently writing one on A Doll's House and Wide Sargasso Sea as well - Do you have any suggestions for a proper title? I wanted to do something on identity crises in both of them but I don't really know how to best phrase a title. That would be so helpful! xx
Original post by fri983
Hi! I am currently writing one on A Doll's House and Wide Sargasso Sea as well - Do you have any suggestions for a proper title? I wanted to do something on identity crises in both of them but I don't really know how to best phrase a title. That would be so helpful! xx

I'm doing my AQA NEA too and I also really want to complete it by September!!
I'm thinking of comparing A Dolls House and The Unbearable Lightness of Being and I want to explore the theme of freedom and question too what extent you can be free in a political society, Identity crisis and also Female and Gender expectations but I don't know how to combine it all together 😭😭
If you have any ideas please let me know.
Original post by fri983

heya me too! How did u end up phrasing the title in the end? I’ve got to have a question in 3 days time ://
Hi! What text did you compare 'A dolls house' to?
Reply 10
Did you do well in your NEA? I am also doing wide Sargasso Sea and a dolls house, tips would be helpful, or even your actual NEA would be good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending