The Student Room Group

Confessions of a Revising Freak - a year 12/13 GYG

Scroll to see replies

OK update cause I keep being lazy and not doing one
- I made some gingerbread biscuits for my friends on Sunday as Christmas presents
- Our school cancelled Monday on Sunday evening and has now updated we're not going back until Jan
- I did my Fujitsu interview this morning. It went ok
- I'm now walking the normal route in to school and hoping to get the bus soon
- I downloaded a dating app yesterday and currently have 4 matches and I'm just waiting for them to show some effort (Don't worry I'm being careful)

Spoiler

Original post by josie71202
- I made some gingerbread biscuits for my friends on Sunday as Christmas presents
- Our school cancelled Monday on Sunday evening and has now updated we're not going back until Jan
- I downloaded a dating app yesterday and currently have 4 matches and I'm just waiting for them to show some effort (Don't worry I'm being careful)

Spoiler

Sounds like you've had a busy couple days. Let us know when you hear from Fujitsu and your dating app matches - both are exciting!

Spoiler

Can I have a tag please in your next update?
Original post by mjhmichael18
Can I have a tag please in your next update?

Will do
Ooh exciting stuff

Is your school going to be setting work for you to do, or just starting the holidays a bit early?
Right update while we wait for Boris

- Me and the guy I've been talking to are going amazingly. I'm pretty infatuated and he seems to be too. He's super cute and nice to me. He's a bit slow on messaging at the moment probably because we're both in tier 4 now so I have to work on trying not to think he's dead. We're both super excited for a date which is really exciting
- I've decided after turning 18 and looking at my life and how similar it was I've decided when COVID is over, I'm going to embrace life more, especially teenage life. Obviously, I'll be safe but I want to get out more and enjoy life as a young person and do things such as drinking, going to parties and stuff like that because I haven't done a lot
- My mum just got these cute magnetic clasps for my necklaces and bracelets so I can wear them more often and put them on myself. I'm really happy about it
- I've been going out more often with my walker, sometimes alone too and I feel so confident with it

Spoiler

Right update while we wait for Boris

- Me and the guy I've been talking to are going amazingly. I'm pretty infatuated and he seems to be too. He's super cute and nice to me. He's a bit slow on messaging at the moment probably because we're both in tier 4 now so I have to work on trying not to think he's dead. We're both super excited for a date which is really exciting
- I've decided after turning 18 and looking at my life and how similar it was I've decided when COVID is over, I'm going to embrace life more, especially teenage life. Obviously, I'll be safe but I want to get out more and enjoy life as a young person and do things such as drinking, going to parties and stuff like that because I haven't done a lot
- My mum just got these cute magnetic clasps for my necklaces and bracelets so I can wear them more often and put them on myself. I'm really happy about it
- I've been going out more often with my walker, sometimes alone too and I feel so confident with it

Spoiler

Oh wow josie. That’s fantastic news
I’m so happy for you
Have a wonderful Christmas and hopefully a better new year.
It’s going to be your year!! ❤️
Original post by Sammylou40
Oh wow josie. That’s fantastic news
I’m so happy for you
Have a wonderful Christmas and hopefully a better new year.
It’s going to be your year!! ❤️

Thanks you too. I hope it's my year
Ok post-Christmas update
- The guy I was talking to kept airing me and has just come back. I am currently proceeding with cautious optimism but I have been playing the field. I've found some others I like but again, cautious optimism since I refuse to cry over love anymore.
- I'm trying to fulfil my goals for the year. I've got some nice clothes for going out and stuff so I'm excited
- I've had to re-plan my coursework again and move the photos to parks in my area. I'm also stressed because my camera keeps deleting photos. Basically, I'm stressed
- I've also signed for my EPQ presentation date. It's in early March so I need to finish the first draft.

The motto from this update: I am very stressed

Spoiler

Hopefully you can manage your stress and turn it in to productive energy.
You don’t give yourself enough credit. You’re pretty amazing josie!
Hopefully you can manage your stress and turn it in to productive energy.
You don’t give yourself enough credit. You’re pretty amazing josie!

Thanks I am now more stressed as exams are possibly cancelled it's not clear
Thanks I am now more stressed as exams are possibly cancelled it's not clear

I think they are by the sounds of it
But you’ve got this. You know you have.
You’re better than you give yourself credit for.
If you need to borrow a broad shoulder, you know where to find me xx
I think they are by the sounds of it
But you’ve got this. You know you have.
You’re better than you give yourself credit for.
If you need to borrow a broad shoulder, you know where to find me xx

Thank you I'm just waiting for stuff from exam boards to come in
Argh! How do your offer grades compare to your predicted?
Original post by AnnaBananana
Argh! How do your offer grades compare to your predicted?

My uni offer is 1 grade below my predicted so I'm ok. Apprenticeships are ok with lower grades if experience makes up for it and youth Council is a gem for applications
My uni offer is 1 grade below my predicted so I'm ok. Apprenticeships are ok with lower grades if experience makes up for it and youth Council is a gem for applications

See? Already that’s far more positive than you’re giving yourself credit for. You’ve got this!!
See? Already that’s far more positive than you’re giving yourself credit for. You’ve got this!!

Thanks 😊
Ok I think it's been a while since I updated and stuff has happened so
Also this update is slightly sexual so this is your warning if you don't like that

- As you all know I've been on this dating app and had two main guys I liked. After getting advice from a friend, I rejected guy 2 mainly because we didn't think the same about certain things we wanted plus he accused me of hypersexuality, which I later googled and found is when your sex drive is so high, it affects other areas of life. I think this is ******** because I have an education plus I'm in youth council and do loads of volunteering. So essentially he's talking ****
- I'm having problems with guy 1 as well. Generally, I feel like our conversation is the first to go and I generally feel like he only talks to me when he wants to masturbate. Thing is he said today he has severe depression. I've told him I understand and he can talk to me but he still won't. I will try not to cry because I refuse to cry about boys but it's sad :frown:
- One of my sociology teachers is also overloading us with work which is really annoying and quite frankly depressing. I worked on the same worksheet from 9:15am to 1:30pm yesterday and still didn't finish
- The good news is I'm at home and spend all day listening to music while doing my schoolwork. I also get to move less which is always good. Also with no one talking to me I can look after me more.
So summary is I'm sad and feel alone in the world but at least I'm feeling alone listening to 2010 hits.

Spoiler

Also this update is slightly sexual so this is your warning if you don't like that

- As you all know I've been on this dating app and had two main guys I liked. After getting advice from a friend, I rejected guy 2 mainly because we didn't think the same about certain things we wanted plus he accused me of hypersexuality, which I later googled and found is when your sex drive is so high, it affects other areas of life. I think this is ******** because I have an education plus I'm in youth council and do loads of volunteering. So essentially he's talking ****
- I'm having problems with guy 1 as well. Generally, I feel like our conversation is the first to go and I generally feel like he only talks to me when he wants to masturbate. Thing is he said today he has severe depression. I've told him I understand and he can talk to me but he still won't. I will try not to cry because I refuse to cry about boys but it's sad :frown:
- One of my sociology teachers is also overloading us with work which is really annoying and quite frankly depressing. I worked on the same worksheet from 9:15am to 1:30pm yesterday and still didn't finish
- The good news is I'm at home and spend all day listening to music while doing my schoolwork. I also get to move less which is always good. Also with no one talking to me I can look after me more.
So summary is I'm sad and feel alone in the world but at least I'm feeling alone listening to 2010 hits.

Spoiler

God someone needs to tell this guy depression doesn't mean he can be be a ****

Spoiler

Hey! I haven't been on your blog in ages :frown:

Boys are idiots. I'm sorry that you're finding trouble with this. I don't really have any advice, sorry. But I hope things look up. If that guy isn't treating you well and talking to you properly, just drop him and find someone else. Mental health issues are hard and can affect how and why you talk to people, but you don't have to take it if it's making you feel bad.

I hope your teacher lays off you a bit and reduces the workload. If not, maybe you should email your school as they should be assessing how students are handling the work they're being set.

I'm glad you get to stay at home and look after yourself. I know it's hard and you start feeling lonely as you said, but hopefully things start looking up and you'll start feeling better.

I hope you have a good week :smile::smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending