Why will universities continue online teaching in 2020 although everything is opened?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
And is that the case in all universities?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Probably as they dont know when a second spike might happen and the virus might be coming back for several years. I suspect there will be some form of online teaching for the foreseeable future.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
And is that the case in all universities?
Of course it should be online! A second wave is coming in Autumn/Winter. Most experts are predicting that. It’s why I’m not staying an Accomodation because I live 40 mins away and get free train travel. Lectures are online and social life is diminished so it’s not worth it
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Because a lot of students come from different areas/cities.
Universities have more people in one room than say for example schools.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Probably as they dont know when a second spike might happen and the virus might be coming back for several years. I suspect there will be some form of online teaching for the foreseeable future.
Why does the government allow restaurants and schools to reopen then ?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Because the government cares about the economy 1st and foremost. They are trying to get a kickstart to try and fix the financial problems the lockdown has caused. I believe they will hold off from doing anything drastic regarding the 2nd wave/spike until the very last minute. Hospitality is a massive sector in regards to putting money into the country. University, not so much.

There would be disruption if unis had lectures as usual, and then in a month or few weeks, or whenever had to hastily shut down and organise online classes. It is much easier, and smarter to just make them all online. Better safe than sorry approach.

No it will not be great for those who wanted the social experience, but theres always the option for a gap year. And I’m sure you’d agree everyones safety is the most important.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
Most uni's are doing a blended approach labs and practical stuff which are like restaurants being small numbers of people will go ahead as they can clean it down and socially distance. Then anything that doesn't have to be face to face like lectures which are usually lots of people in the same room will be online as its too dangerous. Plus these thing being online free's up time on the timetable allowing the practical to be spread out into smaller groups allowing better social distancing. Just depends how much of a practical aspect your course has. Of course some uni's are doing full online but the majority thar have announced what they are doing said a blended system. Plus the blended approach won't be forever just until its seen as safe to go back to normal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (12)
8.57%
Confident (18)
12.86%
Indifferent (25)
17.86%
Unsure (38)
27.14%
Worried (47)
33.57%

Watched Threads

Latest