nhsia
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I know how common this is but it's driving me mental because I don't do any of my work on time and i leave it to the last minute where i'm like behind on 20 lessons for each subject & I don't care enough to catch up either. I really fear failure, like I want to do well for myself but I just can't get myself to work or revise. Even if I put all my distractions away, I find ways to not work even if it means me sitting and staring into space. & the times where I do manage to convince myself to work, I take so long doing one piece of work even if my attention is on it. Like I work so slow, say a task took 20 minutes for a normal person to do, I will take twice as long to complete the same task. What is my issue here??
SandyShores
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I too have this problem. (This "advice" may vary according to your age and grade). I managed to overcome by studying as soon as I woke up. This helped me focus clearer on my work and forget other distractions such as my phone and the TV. Willpower is a major factor in this process. You kind of have to force yourself to sit down and get on with it. If that doesn't work, then try exploring your curiosity. If there was something you didn't quite understand go search it up on Google and keep clicking on the suggested question by Google to see how far you can learn.
For the multiple lessons you are behind on, forget them for the time being and try to focus on the newer topics at hand. As you finish the newer topics, you can try going back and learning the old ones little by little.
As for taking too much time on each task, Practice makes perfect I'm afraid! Try timing yourself and setting specific time limits for each task.
Hope this helps
nhsia
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SandyShores)
I too have this problem. (This "advice" may vary according to your age and grade). I managed to overcome by studying as soon as I woke up. This helped me focus clearer on my work and forget other distractions such as my phone and the TV. Willpower is a major factor in this process. You kind of have to force yourself to sit down and get on with it. If that doesn't work, then try exploring your curiosity. If there was something you didn't quite understand go search it up on Google and keep clicking on the suggested question by Google to see how far you can learn.
For the multiple lessons you are behind on, forget them for the time being and try to focus on the newer topics at hand. As you finish the newer topics, you can try going back and learning the old ones little by little.
As for taking too much time on each task, Practice makes perfect I'm afraid! Try timing yourself and setting specific time limits for each task.
Hope this helps
Thank you for the advice, I will definitely try this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (54)
8.79%
Confident (80)
13.03%
Indifferent (87)
14.17%
Unsure (158)
25.73%
Worried (235)
38.27%

Watched Threads