Turn on thread page Beta

Hi,

I'm joining this year. Anyone else in it already or thinking/definitely joining?
    It's gonna be fun.

Anyone know when and where we have to show up to join?

Freddie

ReputationRep:
    what is it...?

Officer Training Corp.

http://www2.army.mod.uk/uotc/index.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_fredster_001)
    Anyone know when and where we have to show up to join?

Freddie
    You can join at freshers bunfight.

http://www.about.susu.org/faq-151.html

ReputationRep:
    Think I might go for it too! You even get paid and you can always drop out if its too hard :-) I like the idea of getting paid for just staying fit and doing 'adventurous training' (stuff like mountaineering etc.!!).
    Does anyone know if its hard to get into?

ReputationRep:
    I tried to join a couple of years ago and was massively unimpressed. Not sure what it's like now but at the time I got the distinct impression that a piss up in a brewery would be beyond their talents. Long story!

ReputationRep:
    I think most students who are genuinely considering the armed forces as a future career are unimpressed with OTCs!
    The quality of the unit from what I've read is nearly always diluted by other students wanting to play soldiers to impress the female speice.LOL

Btw I'm in the TA atm(recruit) but will be looking to join the RMR(in pompey) sometime next year...if i fail selection then a local TA unit or UOTC as a last resort!

ReputationRep:
    If you're TA at the moment, I'd recommend steering clear of the OTC at all costs! If you want to know why I say that in a bit more detail PM me, I don't particularly want to post it all up on the internet.

i'm hopefully gonna be a bursar by then so have to join :-) will be a giggle, and you get a pound a pint bar!

ReputationRep:
    I'll stick with Jesters 50p pints

ReputationRep:
    50p :coma:

ReputationRep:
    i'm actually strangely interested in doing this. the financial bit would probably keep me interested in the same way that EMA keeps my brothers interested in 6th form, plus it'll forc me to stay relatively fit :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 30, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.