unknownm123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
How do you guys make your flash cards for triple science and how long does it take you to memorise them?

themediumcheese
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You will need:
- a CGP book
- the specification for your subject
- some different coloured pens

My method is basically:
1. Chuck on a rubbish Netflix show like Suits
2. Start with the first spec point (1.1 or whatever)
3. Come up with some key questions for that spec point
4. Write these questions down and come up with summarised, bullet-pointed answers using the CGP text
5. Make a flashcard using one question on one side and the answer on the other side. Come up with your own colour coding system to emphasise key points.
6. Write the relevant spec point in the top right corner (all good to have multiple cards for each spec point). This will help if you identify weak points in your knowledge.

I practice mine a few times a week, usually when I'm doing dishes after dinner. I'll just have someone else quiz me whilst my hands are busy. Any cards I get wrong, I put in a separate pile and these will be the first I get requizzed on next time.
unknownm123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by themediumcheese)
You will need:
- a CGP book
- the specification for your subject
- some different coloured pens

My method is basically:
1. Chuck on a rubbish Netflix show like Suits
2. Start with the first spec point (1.1 or whatever)
3. Come up with some key questions for that spec point
4. Write these questions down and come up with summarised, bullet-pointed answers using the CGP text
5. Make a flashcard using one question on one side and the answer on the other side. Come up with your own colour coding system to emphasise key points.
6. Write the relevant spec point in the top right corner (all good to have multiple cards for each spec point). This will help if you identify weak points in your knowledge.

I practice mine a few times a week, usually when I'm doing dishes after dinner. I'll just have someone else quiz me whilst my hands are busy. Any cards I get wrong, I put in a separate pile and these will be the first I get requizzed on next time.
Thank you so so much
David Game College Admissions
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hi Everyone!

We hope we maybe able to help some of you. We are actually offering a FREE Webinar on Learning, Revision & Memory Techniques, next Tuesday 7th July at 3.00pm.

You can sign up for the webinar here:
https://www.davidgamecollege.com/321...-at-david-game

We hope to see you there!
H2k20
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by unknownm123)
How do you guys make your flash cards for triple science and how long does it take you to memorise them?
Flash cards don't help me personally.
I rather just read from a book for like 15 minutes on a topic.
And then do exam questions on that topic.

I did a study in how to strengthen memory. So basically if are using flash cards today. Come back to them next week. Then next month. And so on. It helps improving recall of that memory more.
Last edited by H2k20; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
21.04%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.77%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (66)
21.36%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
10.03%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed