Turn on thread page Beta

2012 Olympics watch

• View Poll Results: Could taxes be better spent?
    Yes
    44.00%
    No
    56.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoidburg)
    I'm not asking you to care about my school, but what about all the public schools, some of which are in an equally bad state?

Anyway, you can watch sport in someone else's country, it doesn't need to be held here so you can watch it. Besides your comment is pretty ignorant. Seriously get your ****ing priorities right.
    Public schools? I thought they were doing pretty well. I went to a state school and it was fine. Maybe the problem was yours was filled with douchebags.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova2)
    Public schools? I thought they were doing pretty well. I went to a state school and it was fine. Maybe the problem was yours was filled with douchebags.
    Like i said, some schools are in mess. Not all but, a lot are.

As with every school, my school had a handful of douchebags. The school was in a fairly affluent area where most of the kids are well behaved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoidburg)
    Like i said, some schools are in mess. Not all but, a lot are.

As with every school, my school had a handful of douchebags. The school was in a fairly affluent area where most of the kids are well behaved.
    All im saying is I'd rather tax money got spent on an athlete pushing the limits of human achievement than a few staplers and a new bike shed for your crap school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura26)
    Oh for goodness sake! How much more PC do you want to get?
    lmao

guys don't feed the troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova2)
    All im saying is I'd rather tax money got spent on an athlete pushing the limits of human achievement than a few staplers and a new bike shed for your crap school.
    In a way i understand what you mean with the whole "human achievement thing." But it can easily be done with less money. If they have to spend that much i'd rather them do something that would be truly memorable. The moon landing is more memorable than someone breaking the 100m sprint.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.