The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Kween, you can also print a application off and just hand it in. Its at argoscareers, I looked at it and its the same as the one I picked up in store.
Reply 41
chelski
I had a nose piercing in, and that was fine.... they seemed fairly relaxed about things like that!!

The official 'argos manual' states that you are allowed to wear two pairs of earrings and only a piercing in your nose, no other facial piercings but argos arent very strict on those rules so I would think you'd be ok.

My argos store did a mixture of group and individual interviews. They just want you to be accessible and confident!!
Reply 42
I have two stores I could easily get to - should I just apply to one and try the other one if theydon'tget in touch? Would they share the application form between branches anyway? Also how many hours do you need to be available each week usually (during school time)? In education did you list everything or just summarise the results? lots of questions sorry but I haven't applied for much before!
ellie91
I have two stores I could easily get to - should I just apply to one and try the other one if theydon'tget in touch? Would they share the application form between branches anyway? Also how many hours do you need to be available each week usually (during school time)? In education did you list everything or just summarise the results? lots of questions sorry but I haven't applied for much before!

I have the exact same questions! :biggrin:
Reply 44
ellie91

just apply to both stores as application forms aren't shared between branches and different branches have their own preferences!! At my store, we say put a cover letter on the top of your CV stating when you are able to work. If you get offered a postion they will contract so many hours per week. for your education just list the subject and the grade you got/are predicted to get!!
Reply 45
hey guys,

been looking to apply for Argos for a long time. I'm looking at the application form and looks really easy to fill in, but about employment, i have only worked for my parents place where i do not consider as real employment and on the form it asks for rate of pay, which for me is £20 a week for 17 hrs, but to be honest it is not hard work unless it is busy. And putting down £1.17/hr is a bit silly.
Do i just miss the whole thing out or can i not declare it?

thanks in advance
james
Reply 46
mug51
hey guys,

been looking to apply for Argos for a long time. I'm looking at the application form and looks really easy to fill in, but about employment, i have only worked for my parents place where i do not consider as real employment and on the form it asks for rate of pay, which for me is £20 a week for 17 hrs, but to be honest it is not hard work unless it is busy. And putting down £1.17/hr is a bit silly.

thanks in advance
james

you wouldn't really class the job if you're not really contracted to your parents. it won't affect your application though if you put it on or not, though £1.17ph isn't even national wage. :p:

my local argos called back everyone who had applied and held a group interview, then hired people from that. you might end up with a one on one interview where you can then mention what skills you've learnt from helping your parents.
Reply 47
mug51
hey guys,

thanks in advance
james

I work for my uncle, but never put it in the previous job bit. Instead I handed a CV with it and it mentioned I worked there for 'family' since I wasn't properly working there but gained skills and that lol.
I asked in my local Argos for an xmas application form but they told me they were handing them out next week. Has anyone else been told this?
Reply 49
yeah i was told they will be recruiting end of september...so i guess like every1 else said its different for each branch
Reply 50
I handed in my application to the Manchester Arndale store today. Guess I'll just have to wait and see...
Reply 51
When does it start?I mean the job?Only for christmas period or october onwards?
Reply 52
My local Argos has the paper application forms (same as the websites application form) that you can just pick up off the counters and have been accepting Xmas application forms for the past 2 weeks.
Reply 53
Chardin
When does it start?I mean the job?Only for christmas period or october onwards?

I wanted to know that, the forms are very basic and nondetailed about wages or dates!

But i've read that its usually to the 24th December, then some stores taking some temps on.

No news yet :frown: Although it's only been well less than a week lol :biggrin:
I have been working at Argos for over 2 years now (since I was 16) and usually the Christmas temps start around the end of September and they leave mid January, but I guess it will depend upon the individual stores. Also every year Argos always takes on a few of the temps on a more permanent basis.

Good luck on getting the job
Reply 55
:train:
Hi,

I handed a form in last week and have to go to a "recruitment evening" at closing time this Sunday (seems a rather odd time). I wasn't in when they called and my mother took the call, but she just said that all they want is me there on Sunday evening. Has anyone else been to one of these recruitment evenings? What do they involve? Do I need to take anything woth me?

Sorry for the bombardment of questions :o:
Reply 56
Crisps
Has anyone else been to one of these recruitment evenings? What do they involve? Do I need to take anything woth me?

You have to do a couple of group activities to see whether or not you work well in a team. I had to make a tower out of marshmallows and dry spaghetti, pair up with someone else and then present them to the rest of the group, and do a number recognition test (which was really easy, so no worries if you're not good with numbers). We also had our photos taken which they then attached to our applicationss, probably as a means of making sure they know who's who. I wouldn't worry about it though. It's a laugh, but good luck with the job!
Reply 57
:train:

Ugh, I hate things like that :o:
Reply 58
The whole interview only lasted something like 30-45 minutes, so even if it's not your thing then you only have to do it for a short period of time.
Reply 59
Clairey_K
The whole interview only lasted something like 30-45 minutes, so even if it's not your thing then you only have to do it for a short period of time.

Yeah just got back from mine, first we had to introduce the person sat next to us, then our group task was to do an "argos superhero" and come upn with the qualities he would have to make a great Argos colleage, themn we had a number recognition test (which was piss easy, though I made a mistake and crossed the first onr out and did it again :o:), then we got a tour of the stockroom (whioch was a lot larger than I thought it would be!)

Was told that if I'm to get an interview i'll be called on Wednesday, otherwise it'll be rejection by letter. Pay for over 18s is £6.07/hr, which is not that bad.

Latest

Trending

Trending