Turn on thread page Beta

Xmas job at Argos. Anyone doing it?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I handed in my application last Saturday and still havent got a call or anything

Should I call them and ask if they received it - even though i handed it in by hand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manzi905)
    I handed in my application last Saturday and still havent got a call or anything

Should I call them and ask if they received it - even though i handed it in by hand
    Depends.

I asked my store (Manchester) when I handed mine in and she said they'll be calling people back for interview near the end of September.

I'm going to wait for a couple of weeks then give them a ring if I've heard nothing back by then.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh the argos nearest needs a photo with my application, anyone else need to supply one?

ReputationRep:
    yeah me too, got my recruitment evening tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Is it too late to hand the form in now?

ReputationRep:
    can u apply online?

ReputationRep:
    The argos i had my evening at said they will be having three more recruitment evenings which will be over the next three weeks, so you should try, maybe the same at yours.

You can upload your CV onto this https://secure.argoscareers.com/index.html on the left hand side create a profile, however if i were you i would hand in an application form

ReputationRep:
    I handed the form in on Saturday. Fingers crossed...

ReputationRep:
    Handed my application in today. I'll be so gutted if I don't get the job! I hope I don't have to do a one-to-one interview either! I hate being asked questions like 'what do you think you can bring to the company' - errrrrrr.. i don't know!

ReputationRep:
    ive handed 3 in yesterday, hope i get one of them. would be really gutted if none of them want me .

ReputationRep:
    I am thinking of applying for Argos this Christmas.
    I worked for Christmas 2003 it was my first retail job, first full time job infact.
    Absolutely loved it, I really wished they had kept me on.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what date they expect you to be avaliable to work from?

ReputationRep:
    i applied for a christmas job at argos last week. Haven't heard anything back from them yet but fingers crossed i'll hear from them

ReputationRep:
    I got an interview thing later today. Any tips?
    I'm not actually sure I'll be able to do the job even if I get it, cos I'm not back from uni until the 13th december. But its still interview experience whatever.

ReputationRep:
    Im now going to hand in my application, is it a bit too late?

ReputationRep:
    Don't think so, I would say end of Septembers too late.

Still nothing end of 3rd week tomorrow, don't think I've got it to be honest.

Everywhere should have a law for job applications to say whether your successful or not, just to stop you being paranoid!

ReputationRep:
    Handed in my application today, woman behind the counter acted weirdly but other than that it went pretty well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dag)
    Handed in my application today, woman behind the counter acted weirdly but other than that it went pretty well.
    That happened to me!! It was a young girl behind the counter, I just thought she didn't want me to get the job or something, that was last saturday still not heard anything back.

ReputationRep:
    Well I walked past and looked in today and only realised the poster about temps has just gone up this week, so all might not be lost! I might have just been super early lol

ReputationRep:
    I was a Christmas Temp last year, now working there permanently.

If there is more than one argos you are interested in. Apply to both/all.

Most stores will stagger start dates, otherwise it'd be impossible. I was the last to start on 12th November!

Expect to lose weight. Especially if your store has more than one floor.

End dates vary. Last year everybody was told 29th December, and 9 out of 12 finished on that date, the rest extended (including myself) to 12th Jan. I Then Left, then I got an phone call 10 days later asking me to come back for 3 months. Then after about 8 weeks was made permanent (unfortunately the only one of the twelve who was).

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.