Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Handed mine in about a week or so ago now. Hope I get it! I need a job for Xmas.

I like the sound of the interviews, but sometimes the people you have interviews are scary. I can come across very confident, but beforehand I do get worried about my image.

Good luck all.

Plus, my local store are still taking in applications and have a big red box next to the tills to post your applications in. But I noticed today that they have started sorting through the applications as the manager was doing it behind the Exchange counter. Hopfully he liked mine!

Anyone know pay for 16 year old?

ReputationRep:
    In the two applications I have done (got a recruitment evening for one but didnt get further, handed another one in for a different store at a job fair tiday) they told me finishing date is Christmas Eve. The woman at the fair also told me that her store was just straight interviewing, not recruitment nighting.

ReputationRep:
    Grr, still waiting for any info from my application. Oh I so wish I get this!

My mum is constantly saying get a job. For some reason she thinks that if you magically click your fingers you have one. Then says 'Go ask around' I say, DO YOU NOT THINK I HAVE DONE!!!! Jeeezzz! She always goes on about that when she was a kid they got a Xmas temp job easy. !! GRRR! I carnt do anything more but hand application form and CV in can I!!!

Sorry, had to let that off. Really annoying me.

Good luck all who handed in applications.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris1800)

My mum is constantly saying get a job. For some reason she thinks that if you magically click your fingers you have one. Then says 'Go ask around' I say, DO YOU NOT THINK I HAVE DONE!!!! Jeeezzz!

I know how you feel!

ReputationRep:
    I applied about 3 week ago now, not heard anything back.

ReputationRep:
    Applied at two stores on Saturday, nothing yet

ReputationRep:
    I applied to two stores on saturday, i got phone call saturday evening asking me to go for an interview thing.

I christmas temped at argos last year, but at a different store to the one ill hopefully be working at, the manager there couldnt get the extra hours to keep me on i hope i get the job/kept on this time, theres a new bigger store opening in leeds, so if not i may be able to get a job there, fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cal.)
    Applied at two stores on Saturday, nothing yet
    hey cal, i notice your newcastle united avvy, so did you apply to two store in newcastle?
    i applied to those two and one in silverlink, 2 weeks yesterday and nothing for me

i am in desperate need of a job to get a second reference, in order to get a grad job or something along those lines

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mug51)
    hey cal, i notice your newcastle united avvy, so did you apply to two store in newcastle?
    i applied to those two and one in silverlink, 2 weeks yesterday and nothing for me

i am in desperate need of a job to get a second reference, in order to get a grad job or something along those lines

Yeah, the newish Eldon Square one and Northumberland St

ReputationRep:
    I handed in my application in nearly a month ago and I've still heard nothing back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kitty_x)
    I applied about 3 week ago now, not heard anything back.
    Either have I, about the same amount of time.... But the posters up now in the window so hopefully I still have a chance, 2 of my friends picked up a application this week aswell, so there still handing out.

ReputationRep:
    i got an interview for the christmas vacancy at argos tomorrow ... can anyone help me plz i wanna know how the interview is conducted and wats required to get selected ?

ReputationRep:
    If you read the thread you might get a good idea of the interview style. Completely random.

I was at one last night, there were about 40 people there, and 5 jobs going. They got us into three groups, and we each had to talk about ourselves for a bit.

Then they were meant to be doing one to one interviews as well, but gave up half way through (either gave up or found 5 people) because it was taking so long. They also had us designing their new front cover. Seemed like a complete was of time to be honest, there were about 5 people who had worked at Argos before, and a load of wasters with 20 years experience in retail.

ReputationRep:
    if you are successful, how do they contact you? Is it the store that contacts you because i have a couple of missed calls from a number beginning with 087 and i cant think who it could be as i dont give my number out

ReputationRep:
    I would say that the number starting in 087 is the store. As if you look in the yellow pages or the argos catalouge for the number they always start in 087.

I have still heard nothing!

ReputationRep:
    store phone numbers end with their store numbers not begin with them!!

ReputationRep:
    The first few numbers of the Number will the be area code.

When they rang me the number was an 0113 number, which is the area code for leeds.

ReputationRep:
    An 087 number is a premium rate number, not a geographical number. So if the Argos you applied to was a particularly busy store, it could well have been them, but I would assume most stores would simply use a normal land line number.

ReputationRep:
    i've got an xmas job there done about two weeks already

ReputationRep:
    lol I handed an application form in at the end of august/ start of october, They never got back to me and now i have a job at somerfield (hell yea)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.