Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went to the induction evening on monday and I must say it was the easiest job interview I'v ever had. First of all I walked in and sat down next to 9 chavs all in jeans and tracksuits etc then we had to pair up with somebody and find out as much as possible about them in 5 minutes and then present it to the rest of the group. Following that we had to do a number recognition test and then we split into 2 groups and my group had to come up with a radio jingle for next years Xmas temps and then peform it to everyone else. Oh and apparently the pay for 16 year olds is £6.03 per hour.

ReputationRep:
    can anyone give me a number where i can contact the argos career department so that i can enquire about a job i applied for 4 weeks ago?

ReputationRep:
    If you want to find out about an application for an xmas temp job you'll have to go ring the actual store you applied to. Its handled locally by the store manager usually, look online www.argos.co.uk to see if it has your stores number.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yushuak)
    If you want to find out about an application for an xmas temp job you'll have to go ring the actual store you applied to. Its handled locally by the store manager usually, look online www.argos.co.uk to see if it has your stores number.
    ive tried, but the phone kept ringing for 5 minutes when i gave up :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Im getting a bit worried now, I should have heard back yesterday or today but still nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHowlett)
    I went to the induction evening on monday and I must say it was the easiest job interview I'v ever had. First of all I walked in and sat down next to 9 chavs all in jeans and tracksuits etc then we had to pair up with somebody and find out as much as possible about them in 5 minutes and then present it to the rest of the group. Following that we had to do a number recognition test and then we split into 2 groups and my group had to come up with a radio jingle for next years Xmas temps and then peform it to everyone else. Oh and apparently the pay for 16 year olds is £6.03 per hour.
    If that is true, i'm gutted. I'm on 4.77 at Debenhams, should of accepted Argos.

ReputationRep:
    lol well i don't even know If iv got the job yet. Il have to nag them tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, hope you do get it

ReputationRep:
    hey guys do you think its too l8 to apply for a xmas temp at argos?! i really need a job!

ReputationRep:
    I think it maybe, as they start taking on people from november. You can always try?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's too late bcoz @ my store they constantly take new people on right up until the week before xmas. I spoke to the manager today and she told me i should recieve a letter soon :/

ReputationRep:
    ohh good luck then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHowlett)
    I don't think it's too late bcoz @ my store they constantly take new people on right up until the week before xmas. I spoke to the manager today and she told me i should recieve a letter soon :/
    hey i applied to argos a month ago and i haven't got any reply so i went to the store to ask the women on the counter of the jewellery section who was really rude and asked her why this was she said they got many applications and stuff and she said i probably haven't got the job. im a student fully qualified.

wats going on??

ReputationRep:
    Argos do get a lot of applications and quite often even the people with the most experience in the world get rejected, particullarly this year as we have had to cut the amount of temps we take on with the economy and everything and hours are getting cut for existing staff!!

For argos, it isn't all just about experience!!

ReputationRep:
    Bump.

Does anyone know where you're supposed to go for the interview?

Should I just turn up at the tills/collection point or is there somewhere else I'm supposed to go?

ReputationRep:
    ^

Sorry to bump again, but little things like not knowing where to go always put me off interviews. Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    You should just go to the collection point or, if the staff/manager are doing their jobs properly there should be someone on the shopfloor. Ask them and they should be able to sort you out (Y)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I just went to argos today to pick up a christmas temp application form and i asked them what the deadline is and they said there isnt one, as long as i just hand it in within the next few weeks and not too late such as 2 weeks before christmas lol. So i will hand it in next weekend along with my cv.
    do i need a covering letter? also the form tells me to tick what days i can work and which time of day i can work. but should i fill out the form as if it is the xmas holidays meaning i can work all week? or should i fill it out as if i am at college so that i can only work weekends????

ReputationRep:
    When I handed my form in, they said they were only offering shifts on 26th, 27th, 28th of December, so it must vary from store to store. I was expenting bit to be like october - jan or somet, lol.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.