zooperzamirah
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm only 17, almost 18 however feel so much pressure right now and have for the past year, about getting a good job..having a good family etc. I know I have loads of time however I can't help but feel so stressed. Help?
username5329182
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Broski you're going too fast, slow down. Think about the near future and present instead and only think of one thing at a time.

If you try to do and think about everything all at once, you'll only overwhelm yourself.

Dunno if that grammatically makes sense but you know what I mean.
Last edited by username5329182; 2 weeks ago
zooperzamirah
Rep:
?
(Original post by KatsukiBakuHoe)
Broski you're going too fast, slow down. Think about the near future and present instead and only think of one thing at a time.

If you try to do and think about everything all at once, you'll only overwhelm yourself.

Dunno if that grammatically makes sense but you know what I mean.
Yeah I know lol, people tell me the same about me thinking too ahead. I know it's just me being paranoid.
Blaze_3103
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you feel that pressure as you're getting it from your family? Or are these expectations you think you need to achieve yourself ?

One way to not feel stressed is not to compare yourself to others ( i know, easier said than done) but maybe take some time off social media and take time to realise what you have achieved so far.

Rather than focusing on just getting a job, look at jobs that you will enjoy and work towards trying to achieve that ( getting a degree or training etc). You're going to be working for the rest of your life so you might as well take time to consider what you actually want

With family pressure, you can understand that they just want the best for you but ask them to stop mentioning it so much as it's making you feel stressed.

IDK just hope this helps
zooperzamirah
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blaze_3103)
Do you feel that pressure as you're getting it from your family? Or are these expectations you think you need to achieve yourself ?

One way to not feel stressed is not to compare yourself to others ( i know, easier said than done) but maybe take some time off social media and take time to realise what you have achieved so far.

Rather than focusing on just getting a job, look at jobs that you will enjoy and work towards trying to achieve that ( getting a degree or training etc). You're going to be working for the rest of your life so you might as well take time to consider what you actually want

With family pressure, you can understand that they just want the best for you but ask them to stop mentioning it so much as it's making you feel stressed.

IDK just hope this helps
Thank you i will def take this advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (56)
9.03%
Confident (81)
13.06%
Indifferent (89)
14.35%
Unsure (159)
25.65%
Worried (235)
37.9%

Watched Threads