Help on working out final uni grade

Watch
a_hussain15
Badges: 8
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi, i am extremely confused if i should worry about second year bringing my final uni grade down.

For some context. I go to Brunel university where 2nd year is worth 1/3 and 3rd year is worth 2/3.
In second year i got 56.7% which is a 2.2 (C)
So far this year i've gotten in 3 modules: A- (71.4%), C+ (58%), C + (58%). Each module is worth 20 credits, except disso which is 40 credits. I have dissertation left to do and 1 exam which 100% of a module.
I need help in working out what i need to get in my disso and remaining module to get a 2.1 or a first.
I also want to know any formulas that help work out the grade average using second year too. Maths is not my strong point so im sorry if anyone finds this all annoying.

Id really appreciate it if someone could help me.
Thank you.
https://www.brunel.ac.uk/__data/asse...Programmes.pdf
this is the mark scheme and they also include the Grade point system next to it.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by a_hussain15)
Hi, i am extremely confused if i should worry about second year bringing my final uni grade down.

For some context. I go to Brunel university where 2nd year is worth 1/3 and 3rd year is worth 2/3.
In second year i got 56.7% which is a 2.2 (C)
So far this year i've gotten in 3 modules: A- (71.4%), C+ (58%), C + (58%). Each module is worth 20 credits, except disso which is 40 credits. I have dissertation left to do and 1 exam which 100% of a module.
I need help in working out what i need to get in my disso and remaining module to get a 2.1 or a first.
I also want to know any formulas that help work out the grade average using second year too. Maths is not my strong point so im sorry if anyone finds this all annoying.

Id really appreciate it if someone could help me.
Thank you.
https://www.brunel.ac.uk/__data/asse...Programmes.pdf
this is the mark scheme and they also include the Grade point system next to it.
You don’t give enough information here.

Brunel work on the proportion of weighted credits that fall into each degree classification to calculate the overall classification plus a weighted GPA. Without your second year marks and credits it’s impossible to work out your grade profile.
Last edited by PQ; 1 week ago
a_hussain15
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by PQ)
You don’t give enough information here.

Brunel work on the proportion of weighted credits that fall into each degree classification to calculate the overall classification plus a weighted GPA. Without your second year marks and credits it’s impossible to work out your grade profile.
okay i understand.
in second year i did 6 modules all worth 20 credits each.
C-, B-, C+, C, C-, B
Charlouisee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
okay i understand.
in second year i did 6 modules all worth 20 credits each.
C-, B-, C+, C, C-, B
You still need the weighted average for those so for example say you did your dissertation --- is that worth 1 or 0.5? It will tell you on your personal space on your blackboard where you can view results.
a_hussain15
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Charlouisee)
You still need the weighted average for those so for example say you did your dissertation --- is that worth 1 or 0.5? It will tell you on your personal space on your blackboard where you can view results.
everything has moved to wiseflow. sorry i really dont understand what you mean by worth 1 or 0.5. because disso is worth 40 credits, thats all i know.
Charlouisee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
everything has moved to wiseflow. sorry i really dont understand what you mean by worth 1 or 0.5. because disso is worth 40 credits, thats all i know.
Contact your tutor and ask the weighted average for each of your modules. Also ask the worth of each year, so for example is 1st year worth 0%, is 2nd year worth 30% and third year more? Etc.

Its complicated but you cant work it out until you have that information.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.03%
Confident (55)
13.38%
Indifferent (58)
14.11%
Unsure (105)
25.55%
Worried (160)
38.93%

Watched Threads