Ellie9090
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m thinking of applying to Leeds, York or Manchester uni.
Does anyone go to any of these unis? Let me know the pros and cons!
I’m hoping to do Primary Education or English Literature!
Last edited by Ellie9090; 1 year ago
GracefulNapkin102
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by GracefulNapkin102)
I’m assuming I’m in the same year as you so I don’t actually go to any of these unis myself BUT I live in Manchester
This weirdly only posted half and won’t let me edit it???

I was saying the night life is amazing & the city is very student friendly... what year of entry are you?
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ellie9090)
I’m thinking of applying to Leeds, York or Manchester uni.
Does anyone go to any of these unis? Let me know the pros and cons!
I’m hoping to do Primary Education or English Literature!
Hi Ellie9090

Whilst I am not sure about the three Universities listed above, Hull also offers English Literature and Primary Teaching Courses.

Our primary teaching course gives you a direct route into entry-level primary school teaching.

Our English Literature course explores literature from the medieval period, through to the 21st Century.
Hull has a remarkable literary legacy that has seen it called the country's "most poetic city". Poets Andrew Marvell and Philip Larkin lived here, while the University counts the likes of Douglas Dunn and Roger McGough among our alumni.

We have a Virtual open day coming up next week. More information can be found on our website.

But my main advice when choosing a course is to study something which you enjoy. Look at different courses - what their module options are, what catches your attention.
But also look at the campus/city. What is student life like? What opportunities are there for you when you're a student? what is the accommodation like?
Also, consider things such as the cost of living, easer of getting back home etc.

Good Luck!

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
Ellie9090
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Uni of Hull Students)
Hi Ellie9090

Whilst I am not sure about the three Universities listed above, Hull also offers English Literature and Primary Teaching Courses.

Our primary teaching course gives you a direct route into entry-level primary school teaching.

Our English Literature course explores literature from the medieval period, through to the 21st Century.
Hull has a remarkable literary legacy that has seen it called the country's "most poetic city". Poets Andrew Marvell and Philip Larkin lived here, while the University counts the likes of Douglas Dunn and Roger McGough among our alumni.

We have a Virtual open day coming up next week. More information can be found on our website.

But my main advice when choosing a course is to study something which you enjoy. Look at different courses - what their module options are, what catches your attention.
But also look at the campus/city. What is student life like? What opportunities are there for you when you're a student? what is the accommodation like?
Also, consider things such as the cost of living, easer of getting back home etc.

Good Luck!

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
Thank you so much!!😁
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ellie9090)
Thank you so much!!😁
If you have any questions, please contact us as we are more than happy to help and answer any queries which you may have

Good luck

Emily
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (11)
12.79%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.81%
I need help with my personal statement (35)
40.7%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
25.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.33%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.65%

Watched Threads