The Student Room Group

Teach First Applications 2021

Has anyone applied to teach first yet for the 2021 cohort ?

If you are thinking of doing so, post below with the following details:
Name:

Share as much or as little information as you're comfortable with. :yy:

Check out the rest of the Teacher Training forum for any questions you might have. :biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have, it's been 9 working days and haven't heard so assuming it's a no... :frown:
So although it seems like a fair way off, applications for the 2021 cohort are now open so thought it was time for a new thread. I currently hold a deferred offer for English in the North West. Would love to hear how everyone else is getting on 🙂
Original post by TheGreatHatsby
So although it seems like a fair way off, applications for the 2021 cohort are now open so thought it was time for a new thread. I currently hold a deferred offer for English in the North West. Would love to hear how everyone else is getting on 🙂

I'm already a teacher, so obviously not an applicant, but just wondering if you were willing to share a bit about what's happened in terms of having a deferred offer? Were you originally planning to start this September?
Original post by SarcAndSpark
I'm already a teacher, so obviously not an applicant, but just wondering if you were willing to share a bit about what's happened in terms of having a deferred offer? Were you originally planning to start this September?

I was a late application for last year and places in my subject/area had already filled up so they offered me a place for 2021 instead.
I was a late application for last year and places in my subject/area had already filled up so they offered me a place for 2021 instead.

Thank you for sharing!

Good luck for next year!
Reply 6
Hi congratulations on your offer. I just wanted to know how the application process was for you. I’ve submitted my application but it’s taking them a while to reply. Thanks
Hey guys, congratulations on the offer OP. I've applied last Friday (19/06) and I'm still waiting to hear back. I know they say 14 days and it's only been 10 but I'm anxious with anticipation tbh haha, where have you all applied for and to what subjects?
Reply 8
Hi I applied to teach maths in London what about you ?
Same! I put down science, maths or history as my top 3 subjects, and in London too. I really am hoping to get an offer for London (if I get one at all lol).
Reply 10
Same London is where I currently live and I really don’t want to move. Hopefully we’ll here back soon
Original post by OMO13
Hi congratulations on your offer. I just wanted to know how the application process was for you. I’ve submitted my application but it’s taking them a while to reply. Thanks

Thanks 🙂 it took them a while to get back to me after my app to although they do seem to stick to their stated timescales well but I can sympathise with how long ten days feels when you’re at that stage! I know they’ve started inviting some 2021 applicants to DCs so hopefully you’ll hear soon! Fingers crossed for you 🤞🏻
Reply 12
Got invited to a DC in August so excited !!!
Hey, I was invited to one in August yesterday too!! Congrats :smile:

Why don;t you look at another route into teaching if you want to start this year? Teach First is not great.
Original post by Muttley79
Why don;t you look at another route into teaching if you want to start this year? Teach First is not great.

I think I’m too late for this year. All the PGCEs and school direct routes near me are closed. Do you have personal experience of TeachFirst?
I think I’m too late for this year. All the PGCEs and school direct routes near me are closed. Do you have personal experience of TeachFirst?

Only trying to help teachers who were not well-supported by Teach First. It is not a great scheme as it undervalues the teaching career - teach for a few years and then get a proper job!
Hey! I applied on 15/05 and heard back that I'd successfully got through to the next stage on 26/05, though I wasn't given a date for the development centre (DC) until a few days after. My DC has been rescheduled a few times by Teach First since so for those who haven't heard yet, I think they must be very busy!
Hi everyone!! Haven't been on TSR for a hot minute, gives me flashbacks to deconstructing exams on GCSE postmortem threads haha! I've got my DC in just over a week, v excited but also terrified for the teaching episode!! Really not sure what to expect, I'm hoping the email will clarify :smile: Any tips would be super appreciated! x
Hi guys,
I'm also holding a deferred offer for 2021 in the South East & South coast for Primary!
Best of luck to anyone who has their DCs coming up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending