The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Accommodation 2020

I am due to start Imperial College in October but I'm having some trouble deciding where to live. My biggest priority is to have a room with en suite facilities. I like the North Acton accommodation as its cheaper, modern and has double beds. I also really like the look of the new Kemp Porter buildings. My only reservations with North Acton are how far away it is and that there doesn't seem to be much going on there. I wouldn't want to constantly be on a tube and feel like I'm missing out on London life.

The other option is being in South/Eastside in South Kensington. The distance to university and the rest of Central London would be great but I have heard its not very social and the cost would be a big strain on me. This being said, I have the option to move in January instead which would make the accommodation much more affordable.

Pembridge Hall has also been made available this year which is another option but I don't know much about it besides its location.

If anyone has lived in these halls, I'd be very grateful to know what your thoughts on them were. Is the distance from North Acton much of an issue? And is the cost of Southside not worth it?

Quick Reply

Latest