AngeloB
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I have been awarded tuition fee loan and maintenance loan for migrant workers and now I will only have to give you some proof of employment again in September.

1) What would happen if I were unable to give you this proof of employment for any reason before the start of my course? Will I be granted the tuition fee loan anyway or will I have to re-apply for it ?

2) If I voluntarily decided to give up only the maintenance loan before the start of my course, would I need to re-apply for the tuition fee loan (that I want to keep) or wouldn’t it be necessary?

3) If I voluntarily decided to keep only the tuition fee loan, could I ask for the maintenance loan re-applying as a migrant worker later in the year?

4) As a Migrant Worker, I've been granted a maintenance loan based on the city of my prospective University (Leeds). Would it be possible to live and work in London (giving you proof of employment) while studying at Leeds? Or is it necessary to live, work and study in the same city of my university in order to maintain my migrant worker status?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AngeloB)
Hello, I have been awarded tuition fee loan and maintenance loan for migrant workers and now I will only have to give you some proof of employment again in September.

1) What would happen if I were unable to give you this proof of employment for any reason before the start of my course? Will I be granted the tuition fee loan anyway or will I have to re-apply for it ?

2) If I voluntarily decided to give up only the maintenance loan before the start of my course, would I need to re-apply for the tuition fee loan (that I want to keep) or wouldn’t it be necessary?

3) If I voluntarily decided to keep only the tuition fee loan, could I ask for the maintenance loan re-applying as a migrant worker later in the year?

4) As a Migrant Worker, I've been granted a maintenance loan based on the city of my prospective University (Leeds). Would it be possible to live and work in London (giving you proof of employment) while studying at Leeds? Or is it necessary to live, work and study in the same city of my university in order to maintain my migrant worker status?
Hi, I will answer your questions in order.

1. Your funding will be blocked, including the tuition fee.
2. If you decide to no longer apply as a Migrant Worker then you can cancel the application by sending in the EU application form and applying for the EU Tuition Fee Loan.
3.If you decide to apply for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only then you can apply as a Migrant Worker later on in the year, you have up until 9 months after the start of the academic year to apply.
4. You can live and work where you choose.

Thanks, Isaac
AngeloB
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, I will answer your questions in order.

1. Your funding will be blocked, including the tuition fee.
2. If you decide to no longer apply as a Migrant Worker then you can cancel the application by sending in the EU application form and applying for the EU Tuition Fee Loan.
3.If you decide to apply for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only then you can apply as a Migrant Worker later on in the year, you have up until 9 months after the start of the academic year to apply.
4. You can live and work where you choose.

Thanks, Isaac
Thank you Isaac for your reply!

I only have one more question:
If I decide to completely cancel my application before the start of the course and to apply for my first year of study next year, will I still be eligible to apply as a Migrant Worker (PN1 form) and not as a simple EU Student (EU form) to start a course in 2021/22 taking into account the new government directives?
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AngeloB)
Thank you Isaac for your reply!

I only have one more question:
If I decide to completely cancel my application before the start of the course and to apply for my first year of study next year, will I still be eligible to apply as a Migrant Worker (PN1 form) and not as a simple EU Student (EU form) to start a course in 2021/22 taking into account the new government directives?
If you decide not to study this year and wait until next year., our regulations for the 2021/22 academic year have not been released yet, however the government has released information regarding eligibility for new EU students who are starting university in the 2021/22 academic year. You can read this information here http://ow.ly/S3Ty30qSFeW

Thanks, Isaac
alice55p
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What about students who’d still be furloughed in September? Would a furloughed payslip still be an acceptable proof of employment?
Last edited by alice55p; 1 year ago
murpo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by alice55p)
What about students who’d still be furloughed in September? Would a furloughed payslip still be an acceptable proof of employment?
Hi

You can view this info here on the FAQ https://www.gov.uk/guidance/guidance...ctive-students

I’ll paste it below

I am looking to apply as a Migrant Worker, how will the COVID-19 outbreak affect this?
We understand that you may be worried about qualifying as a Migrant Worker due to changes in your employment. We are working with the government to answer any questions you may have and will have an update soon.

If your employment hasn’t been affected, you should apply now.

If your employment has been affected, you can apply now as an EU student to ensure your Tuition Fee Loan is in place. You can apply for Migrant Worker funding later, once we have clear guidance for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (0)
0%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (1)
33.33%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (1)
33.33%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (0)
0%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (1)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (0)
0%

Watched Threads