Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am mainly just posting this as a form of venting, I am 24 and live with a mix of ages in my house with the people in question being 20 and 23 so you would expect a bit more maturity from the pair.

Right, so my housemates are a fun bunch of people there's 6 of us and 4 of us including me have moved out early (our letting agent asked us to do it this way because of CV19, plus we just wanted to get away from the other 2), I moved to a friend's house nearby because we're moving in together and my current contract ends before my new one starts. I have been going back and forth between the houses trying to sort out my room and such, I look forward to my new housemates because they're all genuinely lovely people (I didn't get to choose my housemates last year as it was a last-minute arrangement).

The remaining housemates are honestly filthy and lazy, I cleaned the majority of the house, sorted the garden, painted over the blue tack marks they left everywhere and left it so they only have the lounge and kitchen to clean with plenty of cleaning stuff. I have done more than my share of cleaning towards the end of our tenancy as well as throughout the entire year.

They only have a day or so left before we leave the house for good, and they have done nothing at all, they leave dropped bits of food left on the kitchen floor to rot, have left mouldy food in their cupboards, they haven't cleared out their fridge (we have 3 small ones between us all) and there's mystery stains/gloopy stuff and hair inside of it.

The bins are also overflowing since I left because I'm no longer there to empty them, upstairs in their bathroom they have left soaked loo rolls on the side to rot and go mouldy, one of their cosmetics shelves is covered in ancient toothpaste and mystery stains that haven't been cleaned all year.

One of them is from a very wealthy family, yet refuses to sort out a cleaning service to clean up their filth, the rich one is the worst and hasn't done any cleaning all year and just left it to me and the other housemates, whereas the other remaining housemate just cannot be bothered.

Not only are they messy, but they are very rude and noisy too, one of them screeches like a banshee all the time in the lounge and because of those reliable thin student house walls you can hear it all far too much. Trying to concentrate? Hahaha nope, not today because someone is screaming about a dumb TV show, or being very in your face about their opinions. The other would also join in and despite us all asking them to turn their volume down to inside voices they would ignore us or throw a tantrum despite being in their 20's and being supposed 'adults'.

I am personally putting my foot down and only collecting my things on the final day as I have cleaned around the house for these 2 all year and I have had enough of it.
The rest of us are a tad concerned that we may lose our deposit because of them, so if it does get very bad I will probably renege on myself and sort the rest of the house too although I really shouldn't have to at all. I may ask them to pay me for essentially doing a cleaning service for them as they can more than afford it.
I just hope that I can keep my cool and not shout at them if they do mess us over with this, I am just simply very tired of my dirty dirty housemates and cannot wait to be rid of them.
coololoolo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Is this just a heavy vent? They sound disgusting. That is the reason I want to avoid living with strangers. I will go off to uni, come back home for a few months and rent out my own place outside of the UK due to higher work opportunity at where I am looking and if I can't afford it, I can stay with family there temporarily. No matter what I do, I will never move in with roommates because those are people I am afraid of unless of course I had nowhere else to go or if I had a gun to my head but my family tree is stupid big so I will always have somewhere to fall back on if sh** hits the fan and I am only 16 but I already have some backup money (a few thousand) if things go south in a Turkish bank. Just a bit disgusting. How could you drop sloppy ass food on the floor and not clean it up? My mum would take away all my electronics and various other privileges for weeks. Let me guess. They wear shoes in the house or maybe even in bed.
Last edited by coololoolo; 2 weeks ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am mainly just posting this as a form of venting, I am 24 and live with a mix of ages in my house with the people in question being 20 and 23 so you would expect a bit more maturity from the pair.

Right, so my housemates are a fun bunch of people there's 6 of us and 4 of us including me have moved out early (our letting agent asked us to do it this way because of CV19, plus we just wanted to get away from the other 2), I moved to a friend's house nearby because we're moving in together and my current contract ends before my new one starts. I have been going back and forth between the houses trying to sort out my room and such, I look forward to my new housemates because they're all genuinely lovely people (I didn't get to choose my housemates last year as it was a last-minute arrangement).

The remaining housemates are honestly filthy and lazy, I cleaned the majority of the house, sorted the garden, painted over the blue tack marks they left everywhere and left it so they only have the lounge and kitchen to clean with plenty of cleaning stuff. I have done more than my share of cleaning towards the end of our tenancy as well as throughout the entire year.

They only have a day or so left before we leave the house for good, and they have done nothing at all, they leave dropped bits of food left on the kitchen floor to rot, have left mouldy food in their cupboards, they haven't cleared out their fridge (we have 3 small ones between us all) and there's mystery stains/gloopy stuff and hair inside of it.

The bins are also overflowing since I left because I'm no longer there to empty them, upstairs in their bathroom they have left soaked loo rolls on the side to rot and go mouldy, one of their cosmetics shelves is covered in ancient toothpaste and mystery stains that haven't been cleaned all year.

One of them is from a very wealthy family, yet refuses to sort out a cleaning service to clean up their filth, the rich one is the worst and hasn't done any cleaning all year and just left it to me and the other housemates, whereas the other remaining housemate just cannot be bothered.

Not only are they messy, but they are very rude and noisy too, one of them screeches like a banshee all the time in the lounge and because of those reliable thin student house walls you can hear it all far too much. Trying to concentrate? Hahaha nope, not today because someone is screaming about a dumb TV show, or being very in your face about their opinions. The other would also join in and despite us all asking them to turn their volume down to inside voices they would ignore us or throw a tantrum despite being in their 20's and being supposed 'adults'.

I am personally putting my foot down and only collecting my things on the final day as I have cleaned around the house for these 2 all year and I have had enough of it.
The rest of us are a tad concerned that we may lose our deposit because of them, so if it does get very bad I will probably renege on myself and sort the rest of the house too although I really shouldn't have to at all. I may ask them to pay me for essentially doing a cleaning service for them as they can more than afford it.
I just hope that I can keep my cool and not shout at them if they do mess us over with this, I am just simply very tired of my dirty dirty housemates and cannot wait to be rid of them.
The posh ones are usually the least house-trained and entitled in the sense of they don't see why they should do any cleaning.

It's a good vent: I think most people will relate to at least some of this during their time at university , or sharing a house in London.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (56)
9.03%
Confident (81)
13.06%
Indifferent (89)
14.35%
Unsure (159)
25.65%
Worried (235)
37.9%

Watched Threads

Latest