Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which motorcycle with 1500pounds or less(used)?
    I prefer street motorbikes, but those i've looked at seem to be little out of my budget..
    Help!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    why drive a motorcycle when u can drive a car. i hate motorcyclists. and so does everyone else who drives a car. your a joke

I bought my Yamaha FZR 400 for £200. A bit (lots) of work later and £600 it runs amazing, and is very fast. You just got to look at the 2nd hand market. Make sure it comes with a V5 and go and check it out with someone who knows about bikes!

Let us know what you get....

Freddie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Svenssen)
    why drive a motorcycle when u can drive a car. i hate motorcyclists. and so does everyone else who drives a car. your a joke
    Cause i can't buy a decent car with that kind of money!
    And also i would have to pay more for the insurance as i would be a new driver.. so no i prefer a motorcycle that its service cost less, and you can park it wherever..

(Original post by the_fredster_001)
    I bought my Yamaha FZR 400 for £200. A bit (lots) of work later and £600 it runs amazing, and is very fast. You just got to look at the 2nd hand market. Make sure it comes with a V5 and go and check it out with someone who knows about bikes!

Let us know what you get....

Freddie
    Yeah definitely a 2nd hand bike!!
    What do you mean by V5?.. I guess not cylinders...

I forgot to mention that it must be as reliable as possible!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GnMvP)

What do you mean by V5?.. I guess not cylinders...
    The V5 is the logbook in post office speak.

for a reliable bike, go for a tourer or sports tourer. Honda CB would be a good one...

ReputationRep:
    Honda CBs have 4 cylinders which means many expenses.. but yeah they are a very reliable choice for sure!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.