The Student Room Group

Migrant worker questions

Hello, I'm from the EU and I have been awarded tuition fee loan and maintenance loan for migrant workers and now I will only have to give you some proof of employment again in September.

Because of this pandemic situation and the current lack of employment, I have some questions:

1) What would happen if I were unable to give you this proof of employment for any reason before the start of my course? Will I be granted the tuition fee loan anyway or will I have to re-apply for it?

2) If I voluntarily decided to give up only the maintenance loan before the start of my course, would I need to re-apply for the tuition fee loan (that I want to keep) or wouldn’t it be necessary?

3) If I voluntarily decided to keep only the tuition fee loan, could I ask for the maintenance loan re-applying as a migrant worker later in the year?

4) Is it possible for a migrant worker to live and work in a different city from the one of the university? (travelling from one city to the other).

For example, a migrant worker has been granted tuition and maintenance loan based on Leeds (city of the university) but wants to continue living and working in London where there is secure job while travelling to Leeds whenever there are lessons.
Is it possible in order to maintain from September on the maintenance loan already granted? Or is it necessary to live, work and study in the city where the university is?

I would really appreciate if you could answer my questions separately.

Thank you
Original post by FraZac
Hello, I'm from the EU and I have been awarded tuition fee loan and maintenance loan for migrant workers and now I will only have to give you some proof of employment again in September.

Because of this pandemic situation and the current lack of employment, I have some questions:

1) What would happen if I were unable to give you this proof of employment for any reason before the start of my course? Will I be granted the tuition fee loan anyway or will I have to re-apply for it?

2) If I voluntarily decided to give up only the maintenance loan before the start of my course, would I need to re-apply for the tuition fee loan (that I want to keep) or wouldn’t it be necessary?

3) If I voluntarily decided to keep only the tuition fee loan, could I ask for the maintenance loan re-applying as a migrant worker later in the year?

4) Is it possible for a migrant worker to live and work in a different city from the one of the university? (travelling from one city to the other).

For example, a migrant worker has been granted tuition and maintenance loan based on Leeds (city of the university) but wants to continue living and working in London where there is secure job while travelling to Leeds whenever there are lessons.
Is it possible in order to maintain from September on the maintenance loan already granted? Or is it necessary to live, work and study in the city where the university is?

I would really appreciate if you could answer my questions separately.

Thank you

Hi, you already asked these questions on another account and another thread https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6568704

Please don't create duplicate accounts and duplicate threads with the same questions.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending