nediak12
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m thinking of dropping out of design technology as of now (end of year 10). My school will most likely let me but I’m not 100% sure on whether I want to do it or not and it’s really stressing me out. I don’t want the subject to drag down my other grades and it would be nice to have more time to revise for my other subjects. I would have nine grades at the end of year 11 if I don’t do design technology. Is this a good or bad idea, asking people from past experiences who have dropped subjects or people who wish they did. I just want to know what to do because I can’t decide and I need to decide soon. I’m aiming to try and get into Cambridge so take that into account as well.
Last edited by nediak12; 1 week ago
Advertisement
Pablopip
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nediak12)
I’m thinking of dropping out of design technology as of now (end of year 10). My school will most likely let me but I’m not 100% sure on whether I want to do it or not and it’s really stressing me out. I don’t want the subject to drag down my other grades and it would be nice to have more time to revise for my other subjects. I would have nine grades at the end of year 11 if I don’t do design technology. Is this a good or bad idea, asking people from past experiences who have dropped subjects or people who wish they did. I just want to know what to do because I can’t decide and I need to decide soon. I’m aiming to try and get into Cambridge so take that into account as well.
I am in year 11 now and I was in exactly the same position this time last year. I decided not to drop out of DT and I now regret it (I think I would have enjoyed year 11 considerably more if I had). I hated it not because I had anything against the subject, but because I found the NEA so stressful, Is this the same with you?
Having said that, the exam is very easy compared to other subjects and I did do well in my NEA so DT ended up being one of my best grades. I do, however, think that as long as you get enough grades to do whatever you want to do at level 3 your results don't actually matter much. Nine GCSEs are therefore plenty. Hope that helps.
nediak12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Pablopip)
I am in year 11 now and I was in exactly the same position this time last year. I decided not to drop out of DT and I now regret it (I think I would have enjoyed year 11 considerably more if I had). I hated it not because I had anything against the subject, but because I found the NEA so stressful, Is this the same with you?
Having said that, the exam is very easy compared to other subjects and I did do well in my NEA so DT ended up being one of my best grades. I do, however, think that as long as you get enough grades to do whatever you want to do at level 3 your results don't actually matter much. Nine GCSEs are therefore plenty. Hope that helps.
Sorry for the late reply but I’ve decided to go through with it for now and see how it goes but I honestly can’t think of any ideas for my NEA
Advertisement
linedpaper
Rep:
?
Report 20 hours ago
(Original post by nediak12)
Sorry for the late reply but I’ve decided to go through with it for now and see how it goes but I honestly can’t think of any ideas for my NEA
What are your NEA topics?
nediak12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 hours ago
(Original post by linedpaper)
What are your NEA topics?
How can products be used to increase our awareness of the climate emergency

How can products be used to promote a more sustainable lifestyle

How can products be used to encourage people to visit the cinema

How can products be used to improve the experience of people at the cinema (this seems like the best one imo)

How can products be used to preserve wildlife in coastal areas

How can products be used to stay safe at the coast
Advertisement
shawn231
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 44 minutes ago
tbh you can do any product as long as you can justify it in your coursework
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (80)
18.78%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (87)
20.42%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (81)
19.01%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (92)
21.6%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (42)
9.86%
I haven't started researching yet (44)
10.33%

Watched Threads