The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
alex-hs
The word 'this' is a hyperlink in my last post...
You wouldn't think i was going university would you :biggrin:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
how many hours of lecs do you have in a week erzan? what is the intake for politics this year, do you know?
Reply 42
Boo, I've got 20 hours a week with 9am's everyday. **** you Mathematical Physics. Mind you, not quite as bad as last year hours wise.
Reply 43
At least you can say that you're getting more for your money!
Reply 44
That'd be true if I actually bothered turning up to lectures :wink:
why dont you - you rebel! Is it possible to turn up lectures you aren't studying? Do you get checked, or does anyone care if you do?
Reply 46
i won't want to turn up for lectures when i don't have to. :P
Reply 47
katrinakaif
why dont you - you rebel! Is it possible to turn up lectures you aren't studying? Do you get checked, or does anyone care if you do?

You usually can. Since anyone can walk into a lecture room, it's unlikely the lecturers will notice you're not on their course. Unless the course has 10 students, in which case they'll probably see. Although, I wouldn't have thought they'd mind.
I think the more pressing question is why you would want to go to lectures that you don't have to.
i love studying, and have a fascination for many different subjects...I hope there is nothing wrong with that.
Reply 50
Brotherhood
I think the more pressing question is why you would want to go to lectures that you don't have to.

Lots of different interests? I don't see what's wrong with sitting in on a lecture on a subject you're interested in, it's not as if you're actually doing any work. Not that there's anything wrong if you did that either.
Reply 51
Barny
Boo, I've got 20 hours a week with 9am's everyday. **** you Mathematical Physics. Mind you, not quite as bad as last year hours wise.

This does not bode well for me (first year Maths).
Guys do you think economics is a lightweight subject because they only seem to have 7 hours of lectures a week?
Reply 53
katrinakaif
Guys do you think economics is a lightweight subject because they only seem to have 7 hours of lectures a week?

I think the first year isn't too bad, but I have heard it gets tricky after that.
Also, a lot of maths can be involved (I'm guessing that depends on the particular modules), so some numerical mindset would be required.
Reply 54
Creole
This does not bode well for me (first year Maths).

First year Maths hours aren't too bad, it's 12-15 per week I think. With Maths most of the work is done in your own time.
Reply 55
jkyng1
mine is Law LLB 1st year.
and i found out i have 12 hours of lectures per week! is that right?

Hi Jkyng1,

Just curious about the timetable, where did you find out the hours??, been searching and just can't make head nor tail of it from the website..?
Reply 57
Well I just looked at the Modern European Studies one again for year one and I can only see modules listed for German... and i'm doing French, spanish and history...

http://uiwdbsci01.ad.nottingham.ac.uk:8003/reporting/Individual;programme+of+study;id;0163771%0D%0A?days=1-7&weeks=1-52&periods=1-32&template=SWSCUST+programme+of+study+Individual&height=100&week=100

Latest

Trending

Trending