Turn on thread page Beta

Do I have the right to feel annoyed? watch

Announcements

Please remain anon as I don't want my friend finding out.

Basically a few days ago me and my best mate planned a night out for bank holiday sunday. There were going to be 3 of us going out for a girlie night. One of my friends had to drop out due to working the next day, so it was just going to be me and my best mate.

I was really looking forward to it as I have had a bit of a rubbish time and need cheering up.

However, my mate has now told me that her boyfriend is still around so will be coming out with us. I have only met him once before and he seems like a nice guy. Although, last time we were out he got jealous that my friend made references to other guys.

I'm scared of being the third wheel and playing gooseberry. I don't want to sound like a mean friend but I don't want to have a rubbish night because I feel like I am tagging along with my friend and her bf. I also don't want him to get jealous of her again because it will ruin the night.

Am I out of order to feel a bit annoyed that he is coming along?

ReputationRep:
    i know how you feel about hte tagging along thing thats why i always give my friends an option of me not coming out but they insist i should so i go along.. and often im just not in the mood to go out cos i dont drink, smoke and ****.. and they always accuse me of being a loser.. not wanting to go out.... but w/e i dont give a [email protected]# if they like me or not i am who i am...
    just wish i could drive so that i could go on my own accord and they would ask me for rides..

in the case of your friends boyfriend.. if you didnt enjoy his company you definitely have the right to feel annoyed.. just speak to your friend..
    in my opinion i think you should go out.. because its jus one night.. go try it out.. if you enjoy it cool, if you dont.. plan another night without him

Thanks for replying. I feel bad about posting this now because I have just spoken to her and I know it will be fine.

Guess I was just scared of feeling like a third wheel. I am going to go out and enjoy myself.

ReputationRep:
    Go out, but take someone else with you

ReputationRep:
    Hit him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usman938)
    Hit him.
    Hit on him, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssk2)
    Hit on him, surely?
    Whatever works for you, both could be done in one night, with much amusement on your part.

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, any good friend wouldn't let you feel like a third wheel.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2008
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.