LukeTheWalker
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
Hello. I was going to be spending the next academic year studying abroad. This has since been cancelled.

I have successfully altered my tuition loan amount.

However, I have since looked at altering the maintenance loan and it only gives me the option for "maximum" or "specific amount" - there seems to be nowhere to change my circumstances.

So, I am unsure what I should be doing. It's currently only slightly more than I've had in previous years, but obviously I don't want to risk not getting anything / delays because of an error etc.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks!
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by LukeTheWalker)
Hello. I was going to be spending the next academic year studying abroad. This has since been cancelled.

I have successfully altered my tuition loan amount.

However, I have since looked at altering the maintenance loan and it only gives me the option for "maximum" or "specific amount" - there seems to be nowhere to change my circumstances.

So, I am unsure what I should be doing. It's currently only slightly more than I've had in previous years, but obviously I don't want to risk not getting anything / delays because of an error etc.

Any advise is appreciated. Thanks!
Hi, if your course is no longer 4 years, now only 3 years then you must amend your course details and select the 3 year version of the course, you must also then state you will be at university instead of abroad.
Thanks, Isaac
LukeTheWalker
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 day ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, if your course is no longer 4 years, now only 3 years then you must amend your course details and select the 3 year version of the course, you must also then state you will be at university instead of abroad.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi, thanks for the reply.

My course was already 4 years, due to a Foundation Year. The year abroad would have counted as the 2nd year of my actual degree. So, the course details are the same.

So, if I go into "University/college and course" section in Change My Application, and resubmit with "University or college" in the "Where will you spend the most time during the academic year?" - will this then later update my maintenance loan amount?

Appreciate your response.
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 minutes ago
(Original post by LukeTheWalker)
Hi, thanks for the reply.

My course was already 4 years, due to a Foundation Year. The year abroad would have counted as the 2nd year of my actual degree. So, the course details are the same.

So, if I go into "University/college and course" section in Change My Application, and resubmit with "University or college" in the "Where will you spend the most time during the academic year?" - will this then later update my maintenance loan amount?

Appreciate your response.
Your course will have been 5 years then. You should make sure you amend the course details and select the course that doesn't include the study abroad, if you don't select the correct course then your university won't confirm your attendance/registration and your funding can be delayed.

Yes you should change the terms from study abroad to university/college which will change the funding amount.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (38)
20.99%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (45)
24.86%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (29)
16.02%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (39)
21.55%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (16)
8.84%
I haven't started researching yet (14)
7.73%

Watched Threads