I’m feeling a little hopeless about the world.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
As above.
There’s just so many issues and I can’t see an end to it. I don’t understand how people still genuinely support the Conservative party (maybe that’s an issue on my part but I just can’t see), in a world where labour is bad because it has an issue with antisemitism, why is an overtly racist party the better choice? Am I missing something there? The sexism, racism, the environment and genuinely nasty people. Like why are adults nasty? Doesn’t make sense to me, just be nice, we’re all only human.
Don’t really know where I’m going with this, I guess it just leaves me feeling a bit low. Does anyone else feel like that sometimes?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
Attachment 922426

How gross.
physicsamor
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There isn't really any real democracy, sure both parties put up campaigns but it is one against the other and noone can let go of their loyalty for either. It doesn't allow for new political parties to have a chance and it also means noone ever reads the main parties manifestos it's all really based on which party you hate less or if you hate someone who's supports that party you are going to vote for the opposing party
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by physicsamor)
There isn't really any real democracy, sure both parties put up campaigns but it is one against the other and noone can let go of their loyalty for either. It doesn't allow for new political parties to have a chance and it also means noone ever reads the main parties manifestos it's all really based on which party you hate less or if you hate someone who's supports that party you are going to vote for the opposing party
That sounds very petty. I vote tactically even though I’d love to feel I have the option to vote Lib Dem or Green. Why would someone reject their ideologies because of one person. I especially didn’t understand the Corbyn stuff because we vote for the party at the end of the day. I happened to like Corbyn but even if I didn’t, I wouldn’t then pass my vote to the opposing party. Even though I saw the predictions, I was so shocked and upset about the Conservative victory, I couldn’t keep my food down for days, but maybe that’s stupid to invest so much feeling into it. What’s the likelihood that labour would’ve been super successful if at all?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (12)
8.57%
Confident (18)
12.86%
Indifferent (25)
17.86%
Unsure (38)
27.14%
Worried (47)
33.57%

Watched Threads