Partying in High School

Watch
_Harper_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've got superrrr strict parents and I know they'd never in a million years let me go to a house party or anything like that, I'm not even allowed to have sleepovers. I'm 13 right now and I was just wondering how bad partying and alcohol/drugs/sex is in high school. I kinda think it's played up in films and tv shows and stuff cuz I've never actually seen anything too bad irl...
_Charlotte21
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yeah they're definitely played up in the movies, maybe they're like that in America but here I wouldn't say they were anything too bad. Then again, it depends on the type of people having the party. You're not missing out on much, don't worry!
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _Harper_)
I've got superrrr strict parents and I know they'd never in a million years let me go to a house party or anything like that, I'm not even allowed to have sleepovers. I'm 13 right now and I was just wondering how bad partying and alcohol/drugs/sex is in high school. I kinda think it's played up in films and tv shows and stuff cuz I've never actually seen anything too bad irl...
If you go into secondary/high school thinking it's going to be like American Pie and Skins, then you are probably in for a disappointment.

Personally, I had a sheltered upbringing and wasn't at all popular so didn't get invited to any of the parties that did take place. There's more alcohol and making out than full on drugs and orgies at that age; because it's new it seems like the best thing in the world, but is largely fumbling around that's overrated.

In uni though it's a bit different and there's definitely a partying culture that lasts well into second year. However, I would just continue being you and advise not to worry or rush anything because of fear of missing out/peer pressure; you'll get your time and you might even discover that that stuff really isn't for you anyways..
Last edited by TJ1997; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
It 100% depends on your social group. Generally there will be a few people in every year who hold/access parties where everything scandalous that you can imagine tends to happen. Most people tend to just have friends around and get drunk, usually less than 15 people. Occasionally sex etc. happens but it doesn't quite happen enough to be at all normal. It takes considerable effort to get mixed up in all the stuff you mentioned, and it doesn't really live up to the hype.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads