The Student Room Group

Will everyone get a chance to do A level exams?

I'm quite confused to when we'll be ( well the people who want to...) doing our A level exams. For my exam board ( AQA), It says we'll have a chance in Autumn or in the Summer next year. Is this just for specific people or anyone who wants to?
If you were entered for the exam series this summer 2020 but had your exams cancelled, you have the chance to sit in the autumn (or next summer if you wish)
Reply 2
Original post by etienne26
If you were entered for the exam series this summer 2020 but had your exams cancelled, you have the chance to sit in the autumn (or next summer if you wish)

Would you get penalised by Uni's if you choose to do it next year than this year? Also I wonder how schools will manage that...
Original post by Violettie
Would you get penalised by Uni's if you choose to do it next year than this year? Also I wonder how schools will manage that...

I would say it depends on the uni and the course. Most unis and courses are fine with resits anyway as long as you meet the entry requirements. I asked this question to admissions at my unis say it doesn't matter when you do it and they recognise it as a first attempt not a resit. Doing it in the autumn may mean schools may provide more support and that me may don't have to enter as private candidates. Personally I want to revise after results day, but by then it will probably be too late so I might just do it next year, either way its probably going to mean taking a gap year.

Quick Reply

Latest