Predicted A level grades for self-studying students

Watch
Bishalf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey so I'm actually self-studying my A levels and I don't have tutors or whatsoever. So how can I get my predicted grades? Since I'll be needing it to apply to universities.
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
not easy! The UCAS form has a secure element where they like/require one of your teachers to fill in your expected grades. you have no-access.
It's also hard to fill in UCAS without the appropriate school "code word" - but that can sometimes be guessed

Perhaps you'll be sitting the A-levels in a standard examination centre, or British Council office or similar.
You might just need to wait until you get your results, and apply to a single university.

UK is debating whether to change to UCAS selection post A-level results-day , as happens in many EU countries.

Some universities, Oxford etc have their own tests, SAT, MLAT etc which help the uni more than just your expected results. But you are right, I have seen people turned-down because they were expected (by teachers) to get 83%, when in fact they got higher final results, but had already been rejected by results time

write to a sensible university, eg University of Nottingham, and ask what they suggest?
Bishalf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by LuigiMario)
not easy! The UCAS form has a secure element where they like/require one of your teachers to fill in your expected grades. you have no-access.
It's also hard to fill in UCAS without the appropriate school "code word" - but that can sometimes be guessed

Perhaps you'll be sitting the A-levels in a standard examination centre, or British Council office or similar.
You might just need to wait until you get your results, and apply to a single university.

UK is debating whether to change to UCAS selection post A-level results-day , as happens in many EU countries.

Some universities, Oxford etc have their own tests, SAT, MLAT etc which help the uni more than just your expected results. But you are right, I have seen people turned-down because they were expected (by teachers) to get 83%, when in fact they got higher final results, but had already been rejected by results time

write to a sensible university, eg University of Nottingham, and ask what they suggest?
Yep I guess I have to ask the university itself. What about if I apply to a homeschooled A-level course and will they or are they allowed to give me my predicted grades?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (29)
8.45%
Confident (45)
13.12%
Indifferent (51)
14.87%
Unsure (83)
24.2%
Worried (135)
39.36%

Watched Threads