Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im trying to find the best price to insure a Focus 1.6 ghia 02 (group 6). Im 17 & have been driving for 5 months as a named driver.

The cheapest I can find is £1728 from Quinn direct next best is about £1800 from ecar. I have tried most comparison sites and direct to some insurers as well. Is this really the cheapest I will find? Anyone know any others worth trying.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    I'd try churchill.

They've given me the best quotes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DirtyHarry)
    I'd try churchill.

They've given me the best quotes.
    Cheers, have already I think it was about £1800.

ReputationRep:
    try comparison sites. and use quidco aswell!

ReputationRep:
    Comparison sites have never given me the cheapest deals.

ReputationRep:
    Elephant were cheapest for me- n are easy to sort things out with too

ReputationRep:
    Young male driver trying to insure a car in possibly a high risk area, looks like that's as cheap as it will get

ReputationRep:
    If that price is fully comp, you're very unlikely to get it any cheaper than that without at least a full years' NCB unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Ok now got a quote of just over £1500, not really a high risk area...I was hoping for about 1k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_cool)
    Ok now got a quote of just over £1500, not really a high risk area...I was hoping for about 1k
    No chance.

ReputationRep:
    Have you bought the car already? A 1.6 for a new driver is gonna always cost a lot to insure but the £1500 quote doesn't seem too bad, relatively speaking. Try a few brokers like: Adrian Flux, HIC, Chris Knott.

ReputationRep:
    Is adrian flux as good as their website makes them out to be!? Might give them a ring see if they can better £1650 TPFT

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed the £1583 quote was only for 10 months...

ReputationRep:
    Try Bell. They're quite good for young drivers, although you are highly unlikely to get a quote around 1k.

ReputationRep:
    Once you have your price comparison site top three quotes, ring them and play them off against each other. Ring the third and tell them your not buying as its cheaper elsewhere and you'll be able to talk some money off your quote.

ReputationRep:
    Your not gonna get any cheaper. Tbh, I'd love to be able to get a quote of £1600 for a 1.6 engine. I'm getting quotes of £1700 for most 1.0 engine cars. (18 year old male, just passed my test)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomc87)
    If that price is fully comp, you're very unlikely to get it any cheaper than that without at least a full years' NCB unfortunately.
    Ok so for 12 months not 10 months the cheapest is £1700 - thats only TPFT.

ReputationRep:
    I found that, as silly as it sounds, the car makes VERY little difference for a 17yr old male just passed trying to get insurance.

I put in a 1.6litre Vauxhall Zafira (V reg - old style) and got quotes around £2k, then put in a 1.0litre Vauxhall Corsa (newest) and got quotes for about £1800-2k.

MY friend even got quoted £1600 on an old triumph car, and was told after the first year it will drop to below £200!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_cool)
    Your in Glasgow, 'nuff said. :eek:

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparxy)
    Your in Glasgow, 'nuff said. :eek:

:woo:
    That was for college, actually Inverness.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.