charlotte648
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi,
I'm thinking of taking psychology law and spanish at college when i start in September, but we are already studying due to COVID-19. The spanish teacher said she wasn't sure about psychology and law with spanish. I'm also considering taking ethics, philosophy and religion (as 1 alevel) but am unsure. Does anyone have any advice?
laurawatt
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what are you hoping to do post-college?
charlotte648
Rep:
?
(Original post by laurawatt)
what are you hoping to do post-college?
i really dont know. i was thinking down the psychology route as a degree but all i know is i want to travel.
_Charlotte21
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by charlotte648)
Hi,
I'm thinking of taking psychology law and spanish at college when i start in September, but we are already studying due to COVID-19. The spanish teacher said she wasn't sure about psychology and law with spanish. I'm also considering taking ethics, philosophy and religion (as 1 alevel) but am unsure. Does anyone have any advice?
It really depends on what you want to do later on. Do you want to go to university and if so, do you have a vague idea of what you want to study ? This will be helpful when choosing. For example, I knew I wanted to study languages at university and so that informed my choice but for my other options I made sure I chose subjects that I enjoyed. There's no point opting for a subject you don't enjoy, when you're going to be studying it in depth for 2 years straight. If you enjoy Spanish and you're good at it then I would definitely pick it as an option. Not all your options are going to fit perfectly with each other, psychology and law go well together and then Spanish could just be a subject on the side that you enjoy. Maybe think which subject you enjoy more Spanish or Ethics, philosophy and religion. Hope this helps !
charlotte648
Rep:
?
(Original post by _Charlotte21)
It really depends on what you want to do later on. Do you want to go to university and if so, do you have a vague idea of what you want to study ? This will be helpful when choosing. For example, I knew I wanted to study languages at university and so that informed my choice but for my other options I made sure I chose subjects that I enjoyed. There's no point opting for a subject you don't enjoy, when you're going to be studying it in depth for 2 years straight. If you enjoy Spanish and you're good at it then I would definitely pick it as an option. Not all your options are going to fit perfectly with each other, psychology and law go well together and then Spanish could just be a subject on the side that you enjoy. Maybe think which subject you enjoy more Spanish or Ethics, philosophy and religion. Hope this helps !
It does thank you! The ethics choice seemed to be heavily philosophical and if I wanted to do that I’d take it as a separate subject. In spanish I’m hoping to get a 7 but won’t know until later on in the year and religion an 8 but I preferred learning about the Buddhism section we did and it’s a catholic college so it’s more focused on that. In fact I haven’t even heard of what they do with Christianity if they do anything!
charlotte648
Rep:
?
(Original post by charlotte648)
Hi,
Im also considering sociology if that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
7.94%
Confident (56)
13.08%
Indifferent (60)
14.02%
Unsure (111)
25.93%
Worried (167)
39.02%

Watched Threads