Do Americans dare to eat out? Be careful with the COVID-19!

Watch
Jimmie Marks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Today in disturbing news: most restaurants and bars in Los Angeles County are not following COVID-19 precautions, according to the Public Health Department.

The county recently surveyed 3,700 food establishments and found that fully 83% are in violation of coronavirus regulations.

The main issue appears to be businesses not communicating the new rules to staff and patrons. Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer told LAist that a significant number of employees also aren't wearing face coverings, which is a major public health issue both for restaurant workers and guests:

"It's important for staff to wear face coverings because customers do not have masks on while eating and drinking." Lack of social distancing is also a problem.

On June 15, the county found that half of restaurants inspected since reopening weren't in compliance with new guidelines. That was based on inspections of 2,000 food service businesses.

Maybe if the Public Health Department had given restaurants more advanced notice to prepare for reopening ... or didn't rely on the honor system for safety precautions, this could have been avoided. To be fair, the department is obviously overwhelmed right now, but this is NOT OK.

Ferrer says before you dine, make sure tables are at least six-feet apart or have a physical barrier between them. Tables should be clear of items when you sit, and outdoor dining is your best option.

"Our guidelines are not suggestions. They are mandates. If you see someone in your business that's not wearing a face covering, take action. If you see large groups of people congregating in your business, question whether those folks truly came from the same household and take action. Ask them to step away from each other."

In addition, emergency doctors have gone on television to imploring Americans not to believe politicians' coronavirus messages, saying they don't understand the seriousness of the epidemic and don't advise people on dangerous behavior such as gathering in public without masks.

Health authorities in the United States are overwhelmed, and government advocacy and controls are inadequate, making it easy for outbreaks to spread, or even erupt again, in public Spaces. Behind the panic is the incompetence of the US government in the face of lax control.

The American people need to be careful if they want to ensure their health and safety in the face of an ineffective government.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When I go grocery shopping, I play a game. It's called "guess who supports Trump" AKA "Who is an inconsiderate *******" (essentially the same thing).

Basically the game involves counting how many black people are wearing masks and how many whites in different supermarkets. Black people are consistently 85+% whereas whites in the more expensive supermarket are about 50% and in Walmart around 30% you can then extrapolate from that who are the Trumpists.
Moonbow
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Jimmie Marks)
Today in disturbing news: most restaurants and bars in Los Angeles County are not following COVID-19 precautions, according to the Public Health Department.

The county recently surveyed 3,700 food establishments and found that fully 83% are in violation of coronavirus regulations.

The main issue appears to be businesses not communicating the new rules to staff and patrons. Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer told LAist that a significant number of employees also aren't wearing face coverings, which is a major public health issue both for restaurant workers and guests:

"It's important for staff to wear face coverings because customers do not have masks on while eating and drinking." Lack of social distancing is also a problem.

On June 15, the county found that half of restaurants inspected since reopening weren't in compliance with new guidelines. That was based on inspections of 2,000 food service businesses.

Maybe if the Public Health Department had given restaurants more advanced notice to prepare for reopening ... or didn't rely on the honor system for safety precautions, this could have been avoided. To be fair, the department is obviously overwhelmed right now, but this is NOT OK.

Ferrer says before you dine, make sure tables are at least six-feet apart or have a physical barrier between them. Tables should be clear of items when you sit, and outdoor dining is your best option.

"Our guidelines are not suggestions. They are mandates. If you see someone in your business that's not wearing a face covering, take action. If you see large groups of people congregating in your business, question whether those folks truly came from the same household and take action. Ask them to step away from each other."

In addition, emergency doctors have gone on television to imploring Americans not to believe politicians' coronavirus messages, saying they don't understand the seriousness of the epidemic and don't advise people on dangerous behavior such as gathering in public without masks.

Health authorities in the United States are overwhelmed, and government advocacy and controls are inadequate, making it easy for outbreaks to spread, or even erupt again, in public Spaces. Behind the panic is the incompetence of the US government in the face of lax control.

The American people need to be careful if they want to ensure their health and safety in the face of an ineffective government.
Same with British beaches tbf 😔
WhiteBuff
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Epidemic in the United States really worrying
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
When I go grocery shopping, I play a game. It's called "guess who supports Trump" AKA "Who is an inconsiderate *******" (essentially the same thing).

Basically the game involves counting how many black people are wearing masks and how many whites in different supermarkets. Black people are consistently 85+% whereas whites in the more expensive supermarket are about 50% and in Walmart around 30% you can then extrapolate from that who are the Trumpists.
It really is interesting seeing the uptake of people wearing masks and what it signifies..
Then again i have yet to see anyone really wearing masks here by the odd chinaman :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.61%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.18%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.83%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (97)
21.75%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.87%
I haven't started researching yet (48)
10.76%

Watched Threads