Social media during gcse yr 11s needed

Watch
shalley112323
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have a question , is it good to cut out social media during year 11? Because i feel like thats the only thing that will get me focused and cut out from the rest of the world. All i would like to do is watch netflix and TV shows as my break instead of scrolling through other people stressing about GCSE as that will make me feel the same way.
username4434914
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't think trying to cut out social media for an entire year is a good plan. If you succeed, you may end up feeling dissociative and not on the same wavelength as everyone else. I think working this on a more short term scale is a good idea though. Not just for year 11 but in general. Practise having a week here or there with no social media. Then when you find you are studying in the run-up weeks to tests and exams, you can switch off from social media with relative ease. Instead of boycotting it, just practise switching it on and off for lack of a better phrase.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise