Corps
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Bit of a random question but I’ve been thinking about it a lot recently 😅

If I (5’10”) had a child with a very tall man (6’2”-8”), how likely is it that that baby will be born big. I was about 8lbs when I was born and I’m now very tall, my mum also overate in all of her pregnancies. I just don’t like the thought of having a massive baby so if I was very healthy during my pregnancy, would that make me more likely to have a smaller baby (6-7lbs) and might that affect them later on? It seems to me that chubbier children have better height potential and I want to raise beautiful giants. However, generally speaking, my family isn’t very tall, I’m a bit of an anomaly and might even end up with very short children.

I don’t know if this is even the right forum for this, and it’s kind of irrelevant but I guess I’m bored and I like learning about pregnancy so thanks for reading.
Guy481
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If I had to guess I would say you would pass your genes on; and it would be a big baby.
Shiro_A
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Um I'd say height is based from genetics and possibly some environmental factors rather than their weight at birth. My brother was about 9lbs when he was born but hes only a little taller than me and I'm 5foot (6lbs at birth I think maybe 7)
Because You're taller than the rest of your family you probably do have the "tall gene" so if you had a tall partner I'd say the chances of having children to grow up tall is very likely.
Shiro_A
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Shiro_A)
Um I'd say height is based from genetics and possibly some environmental factors rather than their weight at birth. My brother was about 9lbs when he was born but hes only a little taller than me and I'm 5foot (6lbs at birth I think maybe 7)
Because You're taller than the rest of your family you probably do have the "tall gene" so if you had a tall partner I'd say the chances of having children to grow up tall is very likely.
I also dont think parents height affects the weight of a new born baby.. I think it's down to chance perhaps
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I was a long, but not particularly heavy, baby and am now 5'10". My brother was a whopping 11lbs and he is only just over 6'. Just luck of the draw
My daughter was just over 7lbs but her father is not tall. She has not reached my height but is taller than average.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Corps)
Bit of a random question but I’ve been thinking about it a lot recently 😅

If I (5’10”) had a child with a very tall man (6’2”-8”), how likely is it that that baby will be born big. I was about 8lbs when I was born and I’m now very tall, my mum also overate in all of her pregnancies. I just don’t like the thought of having a massive baby so if I was very healthy during my pregnancy, would that make me more likely to have a smaller baby (6-7lbs) and might that affect them later on? It seems to me that chubbier children have better height potential and I want to raise beautiful giants. However, generally speaking, my family isn’t very tall, I’m a bit of an anomaly and might even end up with very short children.

I don’t know if this is even the right forum for this, and it’s kind of irrelevant but I guess I’m bored and I like learning about pregnancy so thanks for reading.
Develop gestational diabetes, and then you'll have a giant baby! Only problem is that you won't be able to birth it properly.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I was 10lbs6. :proud:
macy_m
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Develop gestational diabetes, and then you'll have a giant baby! Only problem is that you won't be able to birth it properly.
honestly that made me laugh :laugh:- but poor baby it could develop breathing issues, if it wants to come out slim you can't force it to be chunky
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by macy_m)
honestly that made me laugh :laugh:- but poor baby it could develop breathing issues, if it wants to come out slim you can't force it to be chunky
:laugh: - yes, it's not current NHS advice for expectant women, it has to be said!
DeeStudent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Corps)
Just make sure you have plenty of Vitamin D3 + K2 before and during pregnancy. Low vitamin D in women when pregnant linked to type 1 Diabetes in the child, as well as other problems later in life.

If you follow Vitamin D specific groups on FB, etc there are many women who had two children, 1st before they discovered the benefits of Vitamin D and one after - they all say how much better their 2nd child is doing compared to the 1st.

I have a friend that has two sons, one before and one after Vitamin D, huge difference between the two kids.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.42%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
21.04%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.77%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (66)
21.36%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
10.03%
I haven't started researching yet (29)
9.39%

Watched Threads