Hayley848
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I applied late (few weeks ago) for healthcare with foundation year at Worcester uni. It is my aim to become a paramedic and on their website it says after this foundation year you can apply to do paramedic science/nursing etc or continue with healthcare.

I am a mature student (been working the past 20 years!) so felt the foundation year was the best route. I have just received an offer via ucas for Worcester, however it is for human biology with foundation year. Would I be able to transfer after the foundation year and still apply in the same way for paramedic science or would I have to do the full degree in human biology? It’s just I have my heart set on becoming a paramedic and can’t imagine doing a degree for 4 years in something that I potentially don’t want to do.

I’m not sure how it works or whether I would be able to apply for it at worcester after completion of the foundation year or whether other universities would accept that foundation year for entry into paramedic science?
fprischi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'd ask directly to Worcester if this is possible. Ideally you want confirmation in writing that you can switch course after completing the foundation year. Some of these 4 year courses are not that flexible. If they don't give you an official confirmation, then you are stuck in 4 years of Human Bio.
In case, do they have a year 0 or foundation year which run separately from the 4 year course? You can always do a foundation year and then apply for a 3y course in healthcare.
Hayley848
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Yes know what you mean, I’m going to send an email to admissions and see what they say as would rather know now than risk doing it and not enjoy it but be unable to transfer. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (70)
18.82%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (76)
20.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (68)
18.28%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (78)
20.97%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (39)
10.48%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
11.02%

Watched Threads