gulcin.s
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If you worked really hard 1st year of uni is it possible to transfer into dentistry.
With the relevant A Levels.
And with the uni offering both biomed and dentistry as a course.
username675472
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm sure most unis don't offer this. You're best off looking at the uni website or contacting admissions. I know of people doing a Biomed degree and then going on to do Dentistry

If I was you and I had the grades for dental school, I would just take a gap year and reapply
gulcin.s
Rep:
?
But with the current Covid-19 applying next year will be even more competitive.
username675472
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gulcin.s)
But with the current Covid-19 applying next year will be even more competitive.
What makes you say this? It would be stupid for anyone with an offer for this year to reject it. Dentistry is competitive and who's to say those people who got offers this year will get one next year?
gulcin.s
Rep:
?
But due to most unis switching to online most people are considering taking a gap year.
username675472
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Those unis will be aware of those students who they gave offers to, made the grades and then decided to take 'gap years'. They are not going to give them a second chance because of covid and them wanting the FULL uni experience. Also, the dental schools will want to fill up their places so the people who reject this year, their offers go to another person who wanted a place which reduces the competition next year so all in all, there isn't any increase in competition or so I feel.

Dentistry is all about adapting and working under pressure. If they failed at this first hurdle, god knows what's next? and also, who's to say they will be going back to teaching in classrooms from next year? I think they will be bringing in blended learning.
gulcin.s
Rep:
?
Thank you I really appreciate that x
username675472
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am a mature student considering studying dentistry so I think I view things differently to you. I think if someone has an offer this year and they make it, it is a big risk not to just start. Who's to say they will get in next year? I'm assuming they are not allowing deferrals for such candidates..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
7.69%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.62%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.77%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
46.15%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (12)
23.08%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
1.92%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.77%

Watched Threads