Having sex when grieving

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
My dad died 2 weeks ago and someone who I was friends with benefits dad died 2 weeks ago. We’ve been in contact obviously due to supporting eachother. However isit risky to go meet him incase we have sex. I feel so bad and disrespectful to be thinking this when my dad has passed.
I have been wanting to have sex however I’ve taken out my implant ( haven’t had sex for 6months)
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My dad died 2 weeks ago and someone who I was friends with benefits dad died 2 weeks ago. We’ve been in contact obviously due to supporting eachother. However isit risky to go meet him incase we have sex. I feel so bad and disrespectful to be thinking this when my dad has passed.
I have been wanting to have sex however I’ve taken out my implant ( haven’t had sex for 6months)
if you both feel comfortable doing so, practice safe sex and aren't doing it in like a way to relieve the pain for your grief, then it's okay to be thinking about that.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
if you both feel comfortable doing so, practice safe sex and aren't doing it in like a way to relieve the pain for your grief, then it's okay to be thinking about that.
Would it be disrespectful towards my dad. I’m not sure if I’m doing it Cus I’m grieving I doubt it though because we had sex before.
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Would it be disrespectful towards my dad. I’m not sure if I’m doing it Cus I’m grieving I doubt it though because we had sex before.
everyone's grief is completely different, there's no exact right time, life will move forward whilst you're grieving and it's up to you what you do whilst you go through it.
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Really sorry for your loss

If you both want to do it, go ahead but I'd say you should use this time to perhaps figure out where you need to go from here. Sex as a coping mechanism won't always be there to ease your pain..
Anonymous #2
Report 23 minutes ago
If your dad died unexpectedly you may still be grieving and coming to terms with the situation so having sex with a f*cuk buddy now is not wise; you are not thinking straight. If your dad's demise was known for some time and you have had time to adjust to life without your father then you may be more psychologically stable and able to simply enjoy having sex. Since you have not had sex in 6 months it seems like a conscious decision on your part to avoid sex?
Habib1971
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 15 minutes ago
Sex can help you ease your grief . Use other methods and have sex if you want .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (51)
19.39%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (58)
22.05%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
19.01%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
20.91%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
9.51%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.13%

Watched Threads