eviedevi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Bit of a weird question - I have a really severe peanut allergy and carry an EpiPen.

I have never had a severe life threatening reaction, and to my knowledge, I would only have a severe reaction by eating peanuts or something containing peanuts. If I came into contact with someone else who had eaten peanuts, I might get a bit of a rash if I wasn't careful, but that's about it.

Does anyone know whether this would stop me becoming a paramedic?

Thanks
richmkay
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Having an allergy won't stop you from becoming a paramedic

As long as you understand your allergy and can treat yourself, there won't be an issue.
set7029
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No, I know some paras/ambulance staff who carry their epipens in their trouser pocket or bag when on shift. You just need to declare it to occupational health at the start of your course, and when you’re on placement just let the people you’re on shift with know that your epipens are in your trouser pocket or bag if you do have a reaction
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (192)
43.74%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.39%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.97%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (91)
20.73%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (46)
10.48%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.69%

Watched Threads