Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
A couple of years ago I did something incredibly stupid , I lost multiple of thousands of pounds what I saved and become mentally ill and depressed , I tried to overdose after this and also had other stuff going on, some people said they could get me some quick cash and I was in the most desperate situation I had ever felt in my life. So they obviously put money in my an empty account and I really didn’t think it through and especially never knew about what would happen eg: not been able to get a proper bank account and stuff. I know this is stupid but now my name has been on cifas for over 2 years but it is eating me up and really want to potentially try to do something about it as have never had the courage doing so Being so naive and stupid back then , now I’m all settled with a baby and Mrs And a happy person within myself I want to try and get it removed what is the best possible
Solutions? If your going to lecture don’t bother responding. It’s took me a lot to write here as it always comes to mind but have finally decided to . All help and personal message appreciated
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
There is no way to remove it AFAIK, need to wait the 6 years, Cifas exists for lenders protection, not creditors, so they are unlikely to negotiate the matter with you.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
A couple of years ago I did something incredibly stupid , I lost multiple of thousands of pounds what I saved and become mentally ill and depressed , I tried to overdose after this and also had other stuff going on, some people said they could get me some quick cash and I was in the most desperate situation I had ever felt in my life. So they obviously put money in my an empty account and I really didn’t think it through and especially never knew about what would happen eg: not been able to get a proper bank account and stuff. I know this is stupid but now my name has been on cifas for over 2 years but it is eating me up and really want to potentially try to do something about it as have never had the courage doing so Being so naive and stupid back then , now I’m all settled with a baby and Mrs And a happy person within myself I want to try and get it removed what is the best possible
Solutions? If your going to lecture don’t bother responding. It’s took me a lot to write here as it always comes to mind but have finally decided to . All help and personal message appreciated
There is nothing you can do about it. The category 6 CIFAS marker was placed due to first-party fraud which you do not dispute doing - thus the marker will remain for six years minimum. There is no factual basis to have it removed - that it is 'causing you inconvenience' is, I'm afraid, entirely irrelevant.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
There is nothing you can do about it. The category 6 CIFAS marker was placed due to first-party fraud which you do not dispute doing - thus the marker will remain for six years minimum. There is no factual basis to have it removed - that it is 'causing you inconvenience' is, I'm afraid, entirely irrelevant.
Will it go 100% after the 6 years
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Will it go 100% after the 6 years
Yes - it sounds like a pretty simple 'misuse of facility' issue. Markers like these are removed on their sixth anniversary.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (12)
8.57%
Confident (18)
12.86%
Indifferent (25)
17.86%
Unsure (38)
27.14%
Worried (47)
33.57%

Watched Threads