Stilian
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello I'm Stilian and I'm 17 I moved to uk and I have a few question :
I was interested in sixth form college but I dont know If i can apply if i dont have gcse's degrees . I have my degrees from my school in my country
Am I able to apply without these degrees and are these from my old school usable (are they equivalent as gcse's? )
Also if I'm able to join that kind of college can I get the gcse's exams too ?
And if I can't do I have to go to normal college (not the sixth form)
Thanks
Last edited by Stilian; 1 week ago
Xjabnrlv_saadx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, as far as I’m aware 6th forms will accept qualifications equivalent to that of GCSEs from your own country (had a friend who moved from SA to UK and came to our 6th form) meaning you wouldn’t need to sit any GCSEs and would just go on to do A-levels/equivalent. However, I don’t know how your age would affect a 6th form application, it might pay you to look at colleges.
Stilian
Rep:
?
It says that it's possible to finish it when you are 19. Because there are many examples from students that have to repeat a certain year or other circumstances which makes then start the sixth form at 17
But I dont know if that's true or not
Dancer2001
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Stilian)
It says that it's possible to finish it when you are 19. Because there are many examples from students that have to repeat a certain year or other circumstances which makes then start the sixth form at 17
But I dont know if that's true or not
That’s right, you should be able to apply to start at a sixth form in September. I would apply as soon as possible, and although they normally accept qualifications from other countries instead of GCSEs, they might also want you to do GCSE maths and English at the same time as your A levels. I know someone who did this.
Stilian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dancer2001)
That’s right, you should be able to apply to start at a sixth form in September. I would apply as soon as possible, and although they normally accept qualifications from other countries instead of GCSEs, they might also want you to do GCSE maths and English at the same time as your A levels. I know someone who did this.
Oh that would be perfect I also wanna get them too. I heard they are used when u go to university
Stilian
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dancer2001)
That’s right, you should be able to apply to start at a sixth form in September. I would apply as soon as possible, and although they normally accept qualifications from other countries instead of GCSEs, they might also want you to do GCSE maths and English at the same time as your A levels. I know someone
also to when the applications finish
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (34)
7.98%
Confident (56)
13.15%
Indifferent (60)
14.08%
Unsure (110)
25.82%
Worried (166)
38.97%

Watched Threads

Latest