The Student Room Group

Interrupting due to Covid-19

Anyone else thinking of interrupting their studies due to Covid-19?

I don't do well with online learning and it's a waste of the uni experience and money. I pay for societies, careers fairs, etc but with Covid 19 this is pretty not even the same thing and I don't think it's worth me spending £9250 on..
This is something I thought long and hard about. Is there anything in particular you’d like to achieve in this next year outside of university? This might be the perfect opportunity. However, how will it affect you that all of your friends will move on and leave you essentially behind? In the end I decided to continue with my studies as the current climate is such a state it worries me what might happen if I don’t.
Reply 2
Original post by Xjabnrlv_saadx
This is something I thought long and hard about. Is there anything in particular you’d like to achieve in this next year outside of university? This might be the perfect opportunity. However, how will it affect you that all of your friends will move on and leave you essentially behind? In the end I decided to continue with my studies as the current climate is such a state it worries me what might happen if I don’t.

You can make friends at any time + I really can't concentrate if it was online lectures so it's not worth it to me imo
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
You can make friends at any time + I really can't concentrate if it was online lectures so it's not worth it to me imo

and also the friends I currently have are super anti-social so idk if it's even a loss if they 'move on'

Sounds like you’ve made your decision! There’s were the only things that stopped me deferring. Good luck in all that you do
Anyone else thinking of interrupting their studies due to Covid-19?

I don't do well with online learning and it's a waste of the uni experience and money. I pay for societies, careers fairs, etc but with Covid 19 this is pretty not even the same thing and I don't think it's worth me spending £9250 on..

So what will you be doing during your gap year?
Reply 6
Original post by PhoenixFortune
So what will you be doing during your gap year?

I was thinking of doing tutoring but I honestly don't know ATM. I'm going to look for some internships in finance or such
Reply 7
Original post by Xjabnrlv_saadx
Is there anything in particular you’d like to achieve in this next year outside of university? This might be the perfect opportunity.

I want to get bigger arms, shoulders and chest if that counts?
I was thinking of doing tutoring but I honestly don't know ATM. I'm going to look for some internships in finance or such

Have you got permission from your uni?
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
Have you got permission from your uni?

Not yet cos idk what's going on. Apparently it's all online for first term.
I want to get bigger arms, shoulders and chest if that counts?

And learn to trade too tbf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending