Watch
Peterhouse Admissions
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone,

We're back with another team thread!

This time we're talking all things Virtual Open Days. So if you've got any questions on how to make the most of them, or questions you didn't get answered, you're in the right place!

The Admissions Teams taking part in this Q&A are:

Murray Edwards Admissions
Christ's Admissions
Peterhouse Admissions

and you can find out more about what we're offering for the Virtual Open Days here:
Murray Edwards College
Peterhouse
Christ's College

What should I ask?

You might want to know how to get the most out of the virtual offerings, have questions about our individual Colleges or about particular courses. We will do our very best to answer!

What shouldn't I ask?

- Information that can be found on the University website: Google is your friend!
- Specific questions about other Colleges. While we might know the answer, what College X will think about your choice of A Level subjects, whether they have fridges in rooms etc. probably aren't questions we can answer! If in doubt, you can email their Admissions Office. They're run by people like us, and they don't bite, we promise.
- What Cambridge's plans for the academic year 2021-22 are. We don't know how the COVID-19 pandemic will play out in the year 2020-21, so the year after that will depend on the global situation.
Christ's Admissions
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello from Christ's! We will do our best to answer any questions you might have about the Virtual Open Days, so please do submit them here!

Here are a few initial tips from us for the Virtual Open Days:
- Make sure you've registered! You can book onto them on the Cambridge University website.
- Do check individual college and department websites - there will be additional information and events advertised there, as well as further information on how to contact them on those days (and afterwards).
- Do check timings - many events may only be at specific times and you will find it useful to plan ahead, so that you can see/watch everything you want to (as on any open day).

We know that a lot of work has gone into this as always, from colleagues across the University of Cambridge, and almost entirely from home - we very much hope you will find the days and this thread useful for the decisions you will be taking over the coming months.
v_bilous7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Christ's Admissions)
Hello from Christ's! We will do our best to answer any questions you might have about the Virtual Open Days, so please do submit them here!

Here are a few initial tips from us for the Virtual Open Days:
- Make sure you've registered! You can book onto them on the Cambridge University website.
- Do check individual college and department websites - there will be additional information and events advertised there, as well as further information on how to contact them on those days (and afterwards).
- Do check timings - many events may only be at specific times and you will find it useful to plan ahead, so that you can see/watch everything you want to (as on any open day).

We know that a lot of work has gone into this as always, from colleagues across the University of Cambridge, and almost entirely from home - we very much hope you will find the days and this thread useful for the decisions you will be taking over the coming months.
Hi Christ’s!
I’m looking to apply to law at Christ’s this year and I just had a question about the college-specific open days.
In the student views presentations, will we have the opportunity to ask our own questions, or will it purely be a webinar?
Thank you very much for hosting this event.
Best wishes,
Vivek B
Last edited by v_bilous7; 1 month ago
Murray Edwards Admissions
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi from Murray Edwards!

Echoing Peterhouse Admissions and Christ's Admissions we will do our best to answer any questions you have, so please don't hesitate to ask.

The main open days are tomorrow 2 July and Friday 3 July - you will need to register here.

In addition to the live and pre-recorded sessions that will be running tomorrow, the Virtual Tour platform contains information on: subject departments, university facilities, the Colleges and life in Cambridge.

Get excited for tomorrow!
Christ's Admissions
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by v_bilous7)
Hi Christ’s!
I’m looking to apply to law at Christ’s this year and I just had a question about the college-specific open days.
In the student views presentations, will we have the opportunity to ask our own questions, or will it purely be a webinar?
Thank you very much for hosting this event.
Best wishes,
Vivek B
Hi Vivek!

The Student View of Christ's sessions will be 30 minutes - there will be an initial short presentation by our student ambassadors, and then the rest of the session will be open to questions from viewers. There will be a Q&A box into which you can type any questions you may have. This also applies to the Accommodation: Students Explain sessions, and the Q&A with the Director of Admissions will also be taking questions from those in the session.

As the sessions don't require advance sign-up, if you find that the session is full, do try another time in the day - we have scheduled lots in to give people flexibility in timings and in case particular times are popular.
v_bilous7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Vivek!

The Student View of Christ's sessions will be 30 minutes - there will be an initial short presentation by our student ambassadors, and then the rest of the session will be open to questions from viewers. There will be a Q&A box into which you can type any questions you may have. This also applies to the Accommodation: Students Explain sessions, and the Q&A with the Director of Admissions will also be taking questions from those in the session.

As the sessions don't require advance sign-up, if you find that the session is full, do try another time in the day - we have scheduled lots in to give people flexibility in timings and in case particular times are popular.
Ah ok thank you so much!
I’ve only just seen this now but I’ve already attended the Student View of Christ’s session at 9:00, and it was really great! The session was organised really well so thank you to you all and the students.
The Accommodation one also looks extremely useful so I’ll be joining that too.
Many thanks again.
Christ's Admissions
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by v_bilous7)
Ah ok thank you so much!
I’ve only just seen this now but I’ve already attended the Student View of Christ’s session at 9:00, and it was really great! The session was organised really well so thank you to you all and the students.
The Accommodation one also looks extremely useful so I’ll be joining that too.
Many thanks again.
Brilliant! We're glad to hear it was useful for you, and we hope the accommodation session will be too!

If you have further or more individual queries, don't forget our team are available via phone all day too - details are on the same page as links to the session.
Peterhouse Admissions
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Didn't get your question answered today? Ask here! I'll be checking in periodically this evening for anyone who has questions ahead of tomorrow's sessions!
v_bilous7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Brilliant! We're glad to hear it was useful for you, and we hope the accommodation session will be too!

If you have further or more individual queries, don't forget our team are available via phone all day too - details are on the same page as links to the session.
Thank you so much!
Again the accommodations session was great - also relieving to see those rather nice prices for the rooms haha.
The students explained it really well, yet again, so please pass on my thanks to them.
I will be looking to attend the online open day in September too, for any updates/changes regarding coronavirus or even just normal university things - I will see you all then!
Vivek B
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (201)
39.26%
Take autumn exams (155)
30.27%
Look for a job (17)
3.32%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.1%
Take a year out (88)
17.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (30)
5.86%

Watched Threads