How to get over my first love?

Watch
Emily112244
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I was in a relationship with a guy for nearly a year. Currently we broke up with me, because he wants to be single ( doesn’t want be in relationships)We still talk to each other and considers me a friend. And really wants me to move on and possibly talk to someone else. As he won’t change his mind, that’s just how he processes things, because of his career And that he is moving away next year. I was the right person at the wrong time. He doesn’t want me to cry over him, as he wants me to be happy.
Nothing bad happened between us and we get on so well. Though finding it a lot harder, because I’m a emotional person and he was my first love at 21. I would like to talk to someone else as it might help focus my mind elsewhere, but at the same time I feel like it could be wrong. Everyday feels so hard and lonely, as I haven’t dealt with this before like he has. He treated me so well. Adding to this my mental health is affected and makes me anxious.

It’s hard knowing that he can easily shut of his feelings and sets his mind to something. Though I understand that’s just how he deals with things.
Last edited by Emily112244; 4 days ago
Anonymous #1
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Emily112244)
I was in a relationship with a guy for nearly a year. Currently we broke up with me, because he wants to be single ( doesn’t want be in relationships)We still talk to each other and considers me a friend. And really wants me to move on and possibly talk to someone else. As he won’t change his mind, that’s just how he processes things, because of his career And that he is moving away next year. I was the right person at the wrong time. He doesn’t want me to cry over him, as he wants me to be happy.
Nothing bad happened between us and we get on so well. Though finding it a lot harder, because I’m a emotional person and he was my first love at 21. I would like to talk to someone else as it might help focus my mind elsewhere, but at the same time I feel like it could be wrong. Everyday feels so hard and lonely, as I haven’t dealt with this before like he has. He treated me so well. Adding to this my mental health is affected and makes me anxious.

It’s hard knowing that he can easily shut of his feelings and sets his mind to something. Though I understand that’s just how he deals with things.
try finding some new hobbies, as you said doing something else to focus your mind on something else is gonna be good for you. try to remove him from your daily life (like social media and stuff) and if you don't think you're able to be friends wit him right now then don't, take some time away for yourself. he obviously does care about you and sometimes people have to leave the one they love to better themselves, its a shame but also its life. this is what happens and because you love him you have to let him go and allow him to breathe and grow as a person in the way he wants to. i hope you don't feel so lonely after reading this and do not think that this is all there is. you're so young girl!! you have an amazing life ahead of you, get out there and explore and do things you love.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (54)
19.15%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (61)
21.63%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (57)
20.21%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (60)
21.28%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (25)
8.87%
I haven't started researching yet (25)
8.87%

Watched Threads