The Student Room Group

First year BTEC

So I’ve just finished my first year of a Level 3 BTEC.

When do I get my results? Do I go into college to get them? Is it one overall grade or is it per unit?

Original post by babyshark

When do I get my results? Do I go into college to get them? Is it one overall grade or is it per unit?

mate ask your college, if its a two year btec you dont get a grade until the end of the two years, which would be aug 13 2020 if you completed it this year
Reply 2
Original post by askayoi
mate ask your college, if its a two year btec you dont get a grade until the end of the two years, which would be aug 13 2020 if you completed it this year

Actually, I receive a grade each year for my course so you’re incorrect :smile:

If you are enrolled on a 2 year course, then you may not get anything after the first year, you just progress to Year 2. However most colleges normally enrol learners onto Year 1 and claim certificates in July. You then re-enrol onto Year 2 (if you have suitable grades and attendance). Your college should have / or will let you know the procedure for September.
If they do claim after Year 1, then results are issued on A level results day which is on Thu 13th August. You will receive a certificate showing overall grade and a separate sheet of paper showing all of the individual unit grades.
Some colleges ask you to come and collect and some post them out to you. Again, you should have been notified, but this may be delayed due to Covid closures. The best bet is to email your tutor or the college reception and ask.
Reply 4
Original post by bamtutor
If you are enrolled on a 2 year course, then you may not get anything after the first year, you just progress to Year 2. However most colleges normally enrol learners onto Year 1 and claim certificates in July. You then re-enrol onto Year 2 (if you have suitable grades and attendance). Your college should have / or will let you know the procedure for September.
If they do claim after Year 1, then results are issued on A level results day which is on Thu 13th August. You will receive a certificate showing overall grade and a separate sheet of paper showing all of the individual unit grades.
Some colleges ask you to come and collect and some post them out to you. Again, you should have been notified, but this may be delayed due to Covid closures. The best bet is to email your tutor or the college reception and ask.

Thanks. We receive a grade for first year and a grade for second year so I do receive something this year. :smile:
Thanks. We receive a grade for first year and a grade for second year so I do receive something this year. :smile:

In which case, you might be asked to collect it on results day, or your tutor may issue it to you when you restart Year 2.
Reply 6
Original post by bamtutor
In which case, you might be asked to collect it on results day, or your tutor may issue it to you when you restart Year 2.

Ah okay thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending