Unsuccessful application but advised by email successful

Watch
RDG123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I emailed Northumbria University last week enquiring about a foundation course however I’m a mature student and do not have the required academic qualifications so I was told to email over a cover letter to explain my education and work experience. The lady said that the tutor had read my letter and has said he would accept me on the course but reminded me the deadline is 30th June. So I’ve spent all weekend on UCAS applying and I’ve just receiving confirmation I was unsuccessful...

Is this a error made by the application department? What do I do now as applications are now closed for this year.

Thanks
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by RDG123)
I emailed Northumbria University last week enquiring about a foundation course however I’m a mature student and do not have the required academic qualifications so I was told to email over a cover letter to explain my education and work experience. The lady said that the tutor had read my letter and has said he would accept me on the course but reminded me the deadline is 30th June. So I’ve spent all weekend on UCAS applying and I’ve just receiving confirmation I was unsuccessful...

Is this a error made by the application department? What do I do now as applications are now closed for this year.

Thanks
Ring them up and ask what happened. Could just be admin.
When did you submit the application? was it today and if so what time?
RDG123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I submitted the application Sunday night around 10pm, I’m hoping it’s just an admin issue and they can re-issue the letter!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads